Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pub Quiz conversion  (Read 1578 times)

Stoo1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2018, 06:19:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Pub Quiz conversion
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:14:46 pm »
 :dunno  Hi Guys,
Been offered a pub quiz machine, no use to me..  but would like to convert it and set it up as a free information point in my town (I help with local tourism etc).  Could someone advise what the machine in the pic would run on, and if not anstandard pc Which I could deal with, what I could do in terms of a conversion to a tmy ugh screen kiosk running a website (cached).  Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Pub Quiz conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:57:37 pm »
Probably a VGA monitor and with a serial or usb touchscreen. If it isn't then you might as well start over. It may or may not have a PC inside, that PC will probably be very old, and probably not running Windows.

Even assuming it is, you would still do better just selling it complete and working and starting over from scratch. The PC recycling place near my house regularly has more proper used info kiosks for 200.

Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 05:30:23 am »
Yeah, these types of machine usually just have a PC stuffed in them.

Stoo1701

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2018, 06:19:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 06:19:42 pm »
Probably a VGA monitor and with a serial or usb touchscreen. If it isn't then you might as well start over. It may or may not have a PC inside, that PC will probably be very old, and probably not running Windows.

Even assuming it is, you would still do better just selling it complete and working and starting over from scratch. The PC recycling place near my house regularly has more proper used info kiosks for 200.

Cheers..  could you send me details of that place you mention?  Keen to get hold of a kiosk 👍🏻