Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: gonbes gbs 8200 ver 4 noise  (Read 1891 times)

pman77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 05:27:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • Youtube channel
gonbes gbs 8200 ver 4 noise
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:13:14 pm »
Im restoring a DK that has no CRT so i bought mikes amp/color inverter and gonbes 8200 video board. I got the 12+ for the amp and the 5+ and ground for the gonbes on the unused 7P terminal on the DK power supply. The amp and gonbes each come with a video cable which all i did was connect the wires from each cable together and soldered each wire and put heat shrink over the soldered. so red to red green to green and the sync wire to sync wire.

Everything comes up and works but i have lots of noise on the screen, i tried a diff monitor,VGA cable and even 5v power supply on the gonbes 8200 and although something make it slightly better it doesnt get rid of the problem. The video wires from the amp to the gonbes are just soldered with heat shrink and are about 3 feet, could this be the cause of the video noise?

I can't figure out what is causing the noise, can anyone suggest things i can do to lessen the noise, can i wrap the video cable bundle in something?

any help is appreciated.

Paul   
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:54:30 pm by pman77 »

pman77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 05:27:19 pm
    • Youtube channel
Re: gonbes gbs 8200 ver 4 noise
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:36:41 am »
So after looking at almost everything I decide to use a 4:3 lcd and it's working now. Turns out the gonbes only works withe the supported resolution and the lcd I had a higher resolution than the gonbes could upscale too cause using on the lcd. The lesson I learned here is you need to use and lcd that is equal to the support gonbes resolutions, newer lcd will not work correctly.

I still get a tony bit of video noise but it's way better and I can live with it now. Hopefully this helps someone else.

I also noticed when using mikes amp with gonbes that the amp might be causing some of the video noise, when i turned down the RGB on the amp and adjusted it a little on the gonbes it further helped removing even more noise.

Paul
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:28:52 am by pman77 »

Arc4di4

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2018, 01:11:45 am
Re: gonbes gbs 8200 ver 4 noise
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 10:46:12 pm »
good to know it's working