Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: iPac 4 Setting in WiniPac2 options for Gamepad buttons HIjacked?  (Read 1583 times)

klein103103

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2018, 07:34:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have a setup with 4 ultrasticks and an Ipac4.  I had it working and all of sudden I am having issues with the IPAC 4.  I had it setup so that player 1-4 and buttons 1-8 were set to gamepad buttons 1-32 respectively.  When I went into gamepad calibration under Windows 10 it detected all 32 buttons correctly.  I am using a Hyperpie2 setup and setup joy2key config for Daphne.  It worked then when I went back to the frontend and tried Mame the joy inputs were reconfigured and the buttons set to the gamepad buttons were not working.  The inputs that were still set for keyboard emulation (coin 1 and start 1 for example) still worked.  Now when I go into the windows gamepad calibration for it the button presses are not recognized.  Adding to the problem when I start winipac2 sometimes it will load the board as firmware 1.0 with no keys programmed.  Other times it will load with firmware 1.32 (I just flashed it) and then on buttons 5-8 for player 4 are now no longer buttons 29,30,31,32, they are now Hat Up, Hat Down, Hat Right, Hat Left.  There are no options for buttons 29-32 anymore either, but were replaced by joy up, joy down, joy right, joy left. 
I have tried removing the device ID from the registry completely and reinstalling but I am stuck in this loop at the moment.  Any ideas on what has happened?

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: iPac 4 Setting in WiniPac2 options for Gamepad buttons HIjacked?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:14:07 pm »
The Windows game controller test screen in Windows 7 and 10 is suspect and can stop indicating even when the device is working, or displaying incorrect numbers of buttons, no axes etc. So it would be worth trying an alternative game controller test.

No data being returned by the board when WinIPAC is run sounds like a possible USB port or cable issue.

It would be best to troubleshoot this via email: andy@ultimarc.com