Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lost in Space  (Read 24645 times)

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Lost in Space
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2021, 11:46:40 am »
I'm digging season 3 so far.  They knew it was the last season going into it so I'm hoping they provide a satisfying conclusion.

LTC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 11:10:11 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2021, 12:06:23 pm »
Season 3 dropped without me even knowing.
a friend mentioned it.

not disapointed.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I have something to watch this weekend.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2021, 10:52:03 pm »
Three is basically an "ok we need to wrap this ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- up" season.   I enjoyed it but it felt a little hollow considering how much they tried to cram into just a few episodes.   Maybe they'll do a movie or something later on as a special event. 

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:14:46 am
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2021, 02:35:32 am »
I enjoyed Lost in Space, but was disappointed the third season had only 8 episodes (vs 10 for the other seasons). I guess I should be happy because that means less filler-stories, but like I say I enjoyed Lost and now I have binged it is all over.
Check out my completed projects!

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2021, 06:48:14 pm »
Three is basically an "ok we need to wrap this ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- up" season.   I enjoyed it but it felt a little hollow considering how much they tried to cram into just a few episodes.   Maybe they'll do a movie or something later on as a special event.

I would agree with this. I did really enjoy it despite the short season.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2021, 01:34:08 pm »
One emoticon describes this season perfectly;

:banghead:

It seems like every time there was a situation where time was of the essence and their very existence hung in the balance, they awkwardly acted as though this was not the case and proceeded to go into forced and completely unrelated dialog which would do daytime TV proud.

More like "Lost in Peyton Splace".   If it wasn't for the mostly very nice CG, and what little actual plot substance there was, I'd have called it a complete miss.  What was there was decent, but it was floated by effluent.  Then again, maybe it's just me being me  :D

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2021, 02:35:47 pm »
One emoticon describes this season perfectly;

:banghead:

It seems like every time there was a situation where time was of the essence and their very existence hung in the balance, they awkwardly acted as though this was not the case and proceeded to go into forced and completely unrelated dialog which would do daytime TV proud.

More like "Lost in Peyton Splace".   If it wasn't for the mostly very nice CG, and what little actual plot substance there was, I'd have called it a complete miss.  What was there was decent, but it was floated by effluent.  Then again, maybe it's just me being me  :D

It was an Irwin Allen production, so what do you expect? They are always characterised by situations involving maximum drama, where things like reality, science and sensibility take a second place.

Watching LiS, I was often reminded of Irwin Allen greats like the Towering Inferno (1974) and the Poseidon Adventure (1972).

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2021, 01:40:06 pm »
Watching LiS, I was often reminded of Irwin Allen greats like the Towering Inferno (1974) and the Poseidon Adventure (1972).

I think you might be seeing what you expected to see, based on his past work.  As one not making the connection and being very familiar with those works, I don't feel it was comparable with the flow of those.  I didn't mind the drama, rather the quantity of "milk-toast" being injected at the most ridiculous moments, which created a highly disjointed (and almost unwatchable) experience.  But again, that's just my view.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2021, 07:01:18 pm »

I think you might be seeing what you expected to see, based on his past work.  As one not making the connection and being very familiar with those works, I don't feel it was comparable with the flow of those.  I didn't mind the drama, rather the quantity of "milk-toast" being injected at the most ridiculous moments, which created a highly disjointed (and almost unwatchable) experience.  But again, that's just my view.

Weirdly enough, my mental processes didn't work in that order. AFAIK.

I haven't seen those two movies for a very long time, decades, but was reminded of them because of the constant dramas unfolding in nearly impossible crisis situations. It was only after I'd made the connections with the movies that I noticed Irwin Allen was the producer. Unless, of course it is possible that I subconciously read the credits before and made the connection anyway.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2021, 01:47:32 pm »
I haven't seen those two movies for a very long time, decades, but was reminded of them because of the constant dramas unfolding in nearly impossible crisis situations.

I can see that parallel and actually came to expect this from the show.  It's pretty much a homage to Murphy's Law.  So much so that it was becoming a bit silly and I found myself muttering things at the screen like "What did you think would happen?" and "You probably deserved that".

At times, I was seriously rooting for the robots to finally give the Robinson family the Darwin Award they seemed so desperately to deserve, as I am too weak-willed to turn away from a train-wreck.   :lol

I also find it interesting that no-one here has commented about the "toilet scene" stolen almost verbatim from Lethal Weapon 2.   Lazy beyond words...