Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PJ64 & Maximus- wierd screen issues/workaround  (Read 4099 times)

Sandman71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2022, 10:33:08 am
  • All wife wanted was Outrun.
PJ64 & Maximus- wierd screen issues/workaround
« on: April 06, 2018, 01:15:42 pm »
I apologize for beating a dead horse, and I know the common answer is "get a new frontend", but I do like Maximus and have put in enough time to justify sticking with it.  That being said, I have a strange screen issue with PJ64 and have scoured the forums looking for the answer before asking. 

PJ64 runs perfect on its own.  When launched from MA, I get a black screen, an outline of the "windowed resolution" (set to 400x300), and one pixel of screen.  Sound is working.  I then have to toggle back and forth between window and fullscreen 3-5 times to get the fullscreen to appear (setup hotkey 3 in my Tankstick).  It runs fine after, exits fine, etc.  All my games work this way and it happens consistently.  I suppose it's a workaround (and I encourage you to try it if you're still stuck with a black screen and sound only). 

Tried Glide plugins and they did not make the difference, buggy actually with PJ64 2.4.  Tried all sorts of resolution combos.   Directory has no spaces.  Controllers working fine.

Using PJ64 2.4, Jabos 1.7.057, double buffer, 400x300 window, 1280x960 full.  Windows 10, 64bit.  In MA; short command line, no config line set.

Anyone, anyone...

Thanks!

S-

superhippieman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 10:08:10 am
  • I love my Superman Cabinet!
    • Micah Nichols Miniatures
Re: PJ64 & Maximus- wierd screen issues/workaround
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 04:32:20 pm »
I apologize for beating a dead horse, and I know the common answer is "get a new frontend", but I do like Maximus and have put in enough time to justify sticking with it.  That being said, I have a strange screen issue with PJ64 and have scoured the forums looking for the answer before asking. 

PJ64 runs perfect on its own.  When launched from MA, I get a black screen, an outline of the "windowed resolution" (set to 400x300), and one pixel of screen.  Sound is working.  I then have to toggle back and forth between window and fullscreen 3-5 times to get the fullscreen to appear (setup hotkey 3 in my Tankstick).  It runs fine after, exits fine, etc.  All my games work this way and it happens consistently.  I suppose it's a workaround (and I encourage you to try it if you're still stuck with a black screen and sound only). 

Tried Glide plugins and they did not make the difference, buggy actually with PJ64 2.4.  Tried all sorts of resolution combos.   Directory has no spaces.  Controllers working fine.

Using PJ64 2.4, Jabos 1.7.057, double buffer, 400x300 window, 1280x960 full.  Windows 10, 64bit.  In MA; short command line, no config line set.

Anyone, anyone...

Thanks!

S-

I had a similar issue with the same front end and emulator. I just tried adjusting the window state and path in maximus  until the outcome was what i wanted. You also should make sure your emulator has the full screen setting on launch set up. That will help too.

Hope this was descriptive enough

Sandman71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2022, 10:33:08 am
  • All wife wanted was Outrun.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 08:56:52 am »

Anyone, anyone...

Thanks!

S-

I had a similar issue with the same front end and emulator. I just tried adjusting the window state and path in maximus  until the outcome was what i wanted. You also should make sure your emulator has the full screen setting on launch set up. That will help too.

Hope this was descriptive enough

Thank you so much for the reply.  I've realized all these seem to be "what's the right combination"?  I'll tinker with your suggestions.  THANK YOU!

djlunchbox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:07:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 03:38:03 pm »
I switched to P64 version 1.6 as i had the same issue with the newest version.

Once I did that it worked perfectly. I've also read to not have any spaces in the emulator folders: