Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wells Gardner K7197 Jail Bars??  (Read 1750 times)

darkairplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2018, 09:25:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wells Gardner K7197 Jail Bars??
« on: April 01, 2018, 12:26:06 am »
Hello forum,
I replaced the flyback and did a cap kit.  Yes, I am aware of the burn in at the top (Tekken from previous owner).  This screen shot is inbetween rounds of Marvel Vs Capcom so it shows free play at the top right.  I figure with a white background the bars are easiest to see.  Are these jail bars or just more burn in? How do I get rid of them?  Thanks guys.
Other issues:
- Very sensitive V hold.  Has trouble and rolls at the slightest move of the knob.
- Very Very thin horizontal black lines across half the screen (difficult to see in this picture, I can provide another at a later date)
- How do I adjust the width?

Any help is much appreciated.  Thank you.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:25:45 pm
Re: Wells Gardner K7197 Jail Bars??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 05:51:47 am »
disconnect video connector and turn up screen volts or brightness until you get a raster- see if the issues remain

darkairplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2018, 09:25:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:19:25 pm »
disconnect video connector and turn up screen volts or brightness until you get a raster- see if the issues remain

It worked but I still see them faintly on the left side.  I’ll try to tweak with the settings more.  I think I might need a new tube because when I increase the “screen” it get to a brightness that I like but those bars increase also.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:25:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 05:53:09 pm »
if the tube had burn you would see it without any power to the cab
important to note that cps2 board do need the video ground on pin 14 of the edge connector and not the other ground pins