Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PC to CRT TV  (Read 1791 times)

imtrashed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 02:47:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PC to CRT TV
« on: March 30, 2018, 02:29:26 pm »
I have a PC that I want to run to a CRT TV (Composite or Component or S-Video inputs) via Radeon HD6450 card (HDMI, VGA, DVI outputs) and GroovyMAME.  I bought this transcoder that is supposed to receive VGA and output Component to the TV.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/192116647418

It is not working (pretty sure it's a faulty transcoder) and I doubt I'm going to get help from the jack@ss that sold it to me on ebay.  Do I have any other options for getting this to work? 

DorkVonWaterfall

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 07:11:45 am
Re: PC to CRT TV
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:31:53 am »
why is the dude on Ebay an Jacka$$ ?

Have you actually tried to contact him?

He writes in the description: If you have any technical questions about this device, be sure to send me a email through ebay and I'd be happy to give you a prompt reponse.

imtrashed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 02:47:10 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 09:18:12 am »
why is the dude on Ebay an Jacka$$ ?

Have you actually tried to contact him?

He writes in the description: If you have any technical questions about this device, be sure to send me a email through ebay and I'd be happy to give you a prompt reponse.
Incredibly slow response and shipping.  Initially sent faulty transcoder.  Sent it back for repair/replacement.  Sent it back without power adapter.  Got that.  Still doesn't work.  Same issues, and I'm wondering if anything was done at all.  Has now offered refund, but now leaves me with no solution.  Initially paid for this transcoder on 2/1.  Two months later and still don't have a working solution. 

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 07:02:12 am
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:49:48 pm »
Did you verify it actually works at low resolutions?
Most of the converters i've seen or used only did HD resolutions.