Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question about interlaced, vertical games  (Read 1482 times)

TwitstedEpoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2021, 07:37:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Question about interlaced, vertical games
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:12:18 pm »
Hi all, new member here.

I currently have an issue running some vertical games in horizontal mode and I hope somebody can help me. Certain vertical shooters like Raiden 2 and DoDonPachi appear in a really small box in the middle of the screen. I have noticed that all of the games affected are running in interlaced resolutions. Is there a way to use a little more of the screen's real estate? I tried to disable interlaced resolutions but the image went way off the top and bottom of the screen. By the time I'd squashed the game back down, it looked dreadful.

Photo here - https://imgur.com/a/1hHIA

GroovyMAME 0.195
Sony BVM
Win 7
CRT Emudriver 2.0
Radeon 4XXX

Thanks!

Sledge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 05:22:55 am
Re: Question about interlaced, vertical games
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:16:49 pm »
Reporting problems. How to create a log

If you're experiencing any problem or odd behaviour regarding GroovyMAME, please create a log and post it when reporting the problem. This will provide us with critical information beforehand and will save us from asking you to post a log. Bug reports without a proper log will be ignored.

Steps to create a log:

- Run GroovyMAME like this:
Code: [Select]

c:\mame_folder>groovymame.exe romname -v >romname.txt

- Upload romname.txt as an attachment to your post. Please don't paste it inside the edit box as it makes things unreadable.

TwitstedEpoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2021, 07:37:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 03:32:17 am »
Hi,

I realised that my frontend was pointing to an older version of GM. Sorry people. All good now.

B2K24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2023, 09:33:05 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:51:35 pm »
Sorry to hyjack this thread, but  I haven't been able to get any vertical games going on my GM setup using a Sony Trinitron KV-27FS100 CRT TV.

Is there a special vertical.ini that people use so it doesn't affect horizontal games? If so, someone please post one or give some advice please.

Right now horizontal games look absolutely beautiful and I've learned my away around my TV's service mode so I'm able to fix geometry issues rather easily. If I can get vertical games working as well then my setup will be that much better  :)