Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Removing subwoofers from TouchTunes Allegro  (Read 2614 times)

orizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Removing subwoofers from TouchTunes Allegro
« on: March 29, 2018, 10:24:27 am »
Hello everyone,

Recently acquired a decommissioned TouchTunes Allegro. I'm currently in the process of stripping everything out and installing my own computer to make a homemade jukebox.

I want gut the subs but can't seem to figure out how to remove the box. It's almost as if it's glued to the inside of the cabinet.

Does anyone have experience doing this or have any manuals?

Thanks in advance

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:35:47 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Removing subwoofers from TouchTunes Allegro
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:30:49 am »
yes. the woofer is part of the cabinet. you are going to have to saw/break it out.

IF you just want in to replace/repair the woofer itself, the "easiest" thing to do is set a circular saw blade to cut exactly as deep as the wood is thick and cut a square/"X" in the inside panel and break all the pieces out... glue in a new piece should you decide to reuse the woofer cabinet... which I wouldn't becasue the woofer box is tuned to the cabinet itself.