Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Chihiro Emulation  (Read 25208 times)

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Sega Chihiro Emulation
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2018, 12:45:19 am »
So is it out yet for non patreon people?  I honestly don't have time to play it, but I can at least install it and give it a try.  I'm super excited for this.

nah its only just come out for patreon so should be 2-3 weeks till public version. He kinda skipped the last public so a few people getting angry but im happy with Lindbergh

it works pretty well, just a few shader issues happening ocassionally and no network currently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MDHYkdTM8w&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:48:50 am by Boomslang »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2018, 02:05:08 am »
Nice.  You know now that someone has it running, I might be able to pull the decrypted layout data from the hud and inject it into fxt.  Ditto for the force-feedback.  The only reason I couldn't do that was the file containers being different.  I dunno though... we've got OR2 running now, so there isn't much point. 

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 09:44:54 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 02:25:57 am »
Hmmm, I'm assuming Reaver will post any OR2 res patch on the teknogods github.

I miss so damn much by not being able to hang on the disc very often, it really blows. Thanks to all for posting info on here though, it kinda keeps all of us in the loop :)

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2018, 10:53:11 am »

I don't have access to the teknoparrot version just yet, but the resolution patches should be these:

https://www61.zippyshare.com/v/q2DF7cM3/file.html
https://www28.zippyshare.com/v/XqxmNJaV/file.html

Nice.  You know now that someone has it running, I might be able to pull the decrypted layout data from the hud and inject it into fxt.  Ditto for the force-feedback.  The only reason I couldn't do that was the file containers being different.  I dunno though... we've got OR2 running now, so there isn't much point.
What could be achieved with that 'decrypted layout data from the hud' and the new force feedback, if possible? ie, your work with FTX is awesome but, could it be improved with something else?
I guess the difference would be that even with OR2 running now, Coast to coast 2006 had a lot more content...

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2018, 11:31:44 am »
Hey Y'all, this isn't new news but I thought it might be of interest to a few of you Sega fans out there if (like me) this is the first you've heard of it. Seems a new guy has taken up the reins of original Xbox Emulation and has resurrected OG Xbox emulator Cxbx and re-branded it Cxbx-Reloaded. And with this, it appears that Sega Chihiro emulation is getting a step closer. YouTube user UK Arcades has uploaded a couple of videos that show him managing to navigate through the menus and (almost) get in-game on the beta arcade version of and . Another YouTube user called Luffy Tam has actually managed to get in-game with albeit with some pretty messed up graphics.

So yeah, good to know that progress is still being made in this department. I thought any interest in trying to emulate Chihiro games had evaporated years ago. I never got play (or even see) Virtua Cop 3 in the arcade, so would be great to actually play it at home some day.

Cxbx-Reloaded homepage below:
https://www.patreon.com/LukeUsher

This is great news MT thanks for sharing mate. Looking forward to progress. PGR2 on PC with enhanced graphics? Bring it!  :cheers:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 11:51:11 am »

I don't have access to the teknoparrot version just yet, but the resolution patches should be these:

https://www61.zippyshare.com/v/q2DF7cM3/file.html
https://www28.zippyshare.com/v/XqxmNJaV/file.html

What could be achieved with that 'decrypted layout data from the hud' and the new force feedback, if possible? ie, your work with FTX is awesome but, could it be improved with something else?
I guess the difference would be that even with OR2 running now, Coast to coast 2006 had a lot more content...

Well right now the HUD is positioned for 4:3 viewing, so when you use a widescreen resolution the hud is stretched.  If I could find the memory location of the hud data from 2sp, that game is widescreen so injecting those new values would fix the distortion.  Of course I'm making a HD hud, so all of that might be irrelevant anyway.  Force feedback is more iffy.... I don't know how many of the calculations made it into 2k6, but memory searching the running arcade version might lead to the code that does the calculations, and if they are still in 2k6 that would lead to more arcade accurate force feedback.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:30:48 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2018, 03:18:33 pm »
So is it out yet for non patreon people?  I honestly don't have time to play it, but I can at least install it and give it a try.  I'm super excited for this.

nah its only just come out for patreon so should be 2-3 weeks till public version. He kinda skipped the last public so a few people getting angry but im happy with Lindbergh

it works pretty well, just a few shader issues happening ocassionally and no network currently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MDHYkdTM8w&feature=youtu.be

Awesome. Is the Initial D music something you added intentionally or just a weird quirk of the particular OR2 SP dump you're using? That particular tune was playing in the background in a video I made a few years back of a split-screen comparison of Initial D: Arcade Stage running in two different versions of DEMUL and, sweet Jesus, after you've heard it a few times it turns into the worst kind of earworm that you'll find yourself humming in bed at 02:00am...

Still hoping Reaver manages to work some magic and get this working on Windows 7. I'm really keen to try Sega Race TV if it gets added.

POOTERMAN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2021, 05:08:30 pm
    • My PC Desktop Icon Atwork
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 07:29:11 pm »
Al you thought about shoving a cheap SSD or HDD in your PC and putting Windows 10 on it? You could dual boot to that and Windows 7. It's what I do. Just a thought mate :)

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2018, 09:50:38 am »
Al you thought about shoving a cheap SSD or HDD in your PC and putting Windows 10 on it? You could dual boot to that and Windows 7. It's what I do. Just a thought mate :)

Exactly, or if you have another PC around (which I did), just have it exclusive for Windows 10 only things.
I also only try to use windows 7, but I don't want to miss out on anything that works on other platforms.

later

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2018, 07:39:19 pm »
Cheers for the suggestions fellas, definitely something to consider in the future. At present though, as someone else on the forum once said, 'juice ain't worth the squeeze' as I have both After Burner Climax and Outrun Online Arcade (and House of the Dead 4) on my PS3, so unless something like Race TV gets cracked it's not really worth the expenditure of an HDD and a copy of Windows 10 (just would've been nice to have been able to get them working on PC without any jiggery-pokery in case my PS3 ever bites the dust, which judging by the fact the fan sounds like a 747 taking off these days is highly probable). If I do upgrade 10 Win 10 at some point I'd be curious to try the PC version of Hydro Thunder Hurricane, having recently found out it supports 60fps vs my 360's 30fps.

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:14:57 am
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2018, 12:54:01 am »
I'd be curious to try the PC version of Hydro Thunder Hurricane, having recently found out it supports 60fps vs my 360's 30fps.

The graphics are stripped down and there is no multiplayer. I was so pissed when I realized the later (after I bought it..)! XInput only, so you will need an xinput device, input mapper 2, x360ce, etc.
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2018, 05:02:27 pm »
Wow, that sucks.