Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best sound insulator?  (Read 1847 times)

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
Best sound insulator?
« on: March 25, 2018, 01:16:29 pm »
I am working on a photobooth with video and audio messaging options. (Project announcement coming soon, still in planning stages.)
The photobooth is actually a box that can set on a table, or inside a booth.
The box will be made out of white pine board.
I will need a fan to exhaust any heat.

My plan is to put a microphone and speakers on the front, under the monitor.
The speakers are so users can preview their video and voice messages after creating them.
My question is, how do I insulate the sound of the fan and possible speaker hum from the microphone?
Shouldnt have to worry about feedback since mic and speakers should not be working at same time, however speakers may lightly hum when not outputting sound.
I can use a relay to disconnect speakers when mic is recording, if necessary, but I will still need to insulate the fan noise.