Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kymeara ,3darcade,dragon  (Read 1009 times)

Shieldwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 am
  • SpearShield.com
Kymeara ,3darcade,dragon
« on: March 22, 2004, 03:37:42 pm »
1. I know everyone has there personal favs.
2. I know the devs will push their own FE
3. Yes I will download and try them all yes I have been to the websites
4. yes I have read the posts here

1. With that out of the way can all these FE be setup to do the arcade wheel (ultracade)?  I believe so, DKing is the only one I'm not sure how to setup in that manner

2. Any problems with any of the FEs running certain programs or emus

3. Any problems running them on xp pro

while I have tried out several of them in the past. I know they are constantly updated, so I may have missed new features along the way.

Ideally I would like something that can start when i turn on my machine, will load quickly,jump from emu to emu quickly, have different theme for each emu, play mp3 or wav, and have a start up video  (I know i could have windows start with a video and then start the FE

Any suggestions on which one will give me the most of what I want.

I know kymeara is an alpha so it is hard to compare to say dking or any of the other FE but I think it has a lot of potential.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 05:12:55 pm by Shieldwolf »

)p(

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
Re:Kymeara ,3darcade,dragon
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 05:51:59 pm »
1. Kymeara and 3darcade are the ones that currently do wheel layouts. But Dragon king will do so to in the future and it allready supports control over the position of preview images. So you can make a sort of wheel structure too.

2. No all work just fine.

3. I have run all three without any problems at all.

I would suggest give them all three a go with a light preference for dk and Kymeara. Because of all the wacky features 3darcade is a bit overkill on a cab for most people and might be more difficult to setup.

Peter

Shieldwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 am
  • SpearShield.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 08:23:48 pm »
I was going to ask how many people really use the 3arcade part of your program as it seems like it would take forever to navigate through everything.

)p(

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 01:29:08 am »
I was going to ask how many people really use the 3arcade part of your program as it seems like it would take forever to navigate through everything.

Personally I feel that the 3darcade part is mostly fun on the desktop as a nostalgic trip. On a cab it could also be occasionally be used like that. Works well for parties with a list of say 50 to 100 favorites. Personally I use for more then 90% the listbox and cylarcade interface.

There are people who use it on their cab as their primary interface. I think that although you can switch between it and a list on the fly and back so you can find games pretty fast it is no way as functional as a standard listbox interface.

peter

papaschtroumpf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2013, 11:41:10 pm
  • Have a Cow!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 12:07:10 pm »
tried 3D arcade on my cab briefly and hated it. It's cool for like 2days, then it gets in the way. Hard to configure too . Maybe I didn't put enough effort in it, but I'm happy with mamewah + skins so I wasn't too motivated.
You'll get good support for DK on this board so it's always a plus.
Don't know a thing about Kymeara, so can't speak for it.

PacManFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2005, 12:18:56 pm
    • Kymaera Home Page
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 03:03:41 pm »
Check out Kymaera and learn more.

www.pacmanfan.com
All Hail Smezznar! The Giant purple centipede of Omnicron 5. Regail him with your odiferous offerings of onion powder!