Main > Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Forum

frontend/program with line-in

(1/3) > >>

petejc:
does anyone out there know of a good looking software (as non-windows looking as possible) that has line in capability?  i don't want to fork the money out for a FM card, so i want to use a small radio and run it through the sound card.  Right now, all the program i use (Ultimate arcade, MAMEWah, and Arcade Jukebox) are "window less", and a want to keep it that way!

thanks

Billabong:
With my soundcard, all I have to do is go to the mixer control panel, and un-mute the line in. Then, whatever I have connected to it plays back, even if no application is running. Infact, it's doing it right now!

Actually, this should work for almost any soundcard.

Later,
Bill

petejc:
that would work if i could use windows shortcuts, but i cheated and changed my system.ini file to go to ultimate arcade instead of explorer.  looks good, but i now see the limitations of doing that.  i guess i could try to write a batch file to do that and have utimate arcade point to that.... hmmm...

--- Quote ---With my soundcard, all I have to do is go to the mixer control panel, and un-mute the line in. Then, whatever I have connected to it plays back, even if no application is running. Infact, it's doing it right now!

Actually, this should work for almost any soundcard.

Later,
Bill
--- End quote ---

Billabong:
If you go back to regular Windows explorer, and un-mute, it should stick no matter what your shell is.
I don't run UA, but I'll test it out with something else when I get home (at work now).

Later,
Bill

petejc:
they only problem with un-muting the line-in is that a wanted to have the radio turn on when i power up my cabinet, but i don't want to hear the radio until i select it.  so what i need is a batch file that will un-mute line-in, maybe display a certain wallpaper (whatever, nothing fancy) and at close (hopefully with escape!) will mute line-in and and change the wallpaper.  it not like i'm asking for the world or anything!

pete

--- Quote ---If you go back to regular Windows explorer, and un-mute, it should stick no matter what your shell is.
I don't run UA, but I'll test it out with something else when I get home (at work now).

Later,
Bill
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version