Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: (Sorted) Aimtrak OEM Guncon 2  (Read 2833 times)

jonbenderr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 07:29:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
(Sorted) Aimtrak OEM Guncon 2
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:21:14 pm »
Hi fellas had a couple questions in regards to modding a guncon 2 with the aimtrak OEM kit.

I've managed to find the wires for the trigger switch and buttons.

The two buttons on each side up towards the front of the barrel seem to be connected with 2 wires to each other.  Does it matter which wire connects to the OEM wires, or can I split the connections in half and use one for ground and the other for the p1 and Aux connection?

Also in regards to ground, the trigger switch only has one single wire.  Can I just splice a ground wire off of the single wire?

Hopefully this makes sense and someone can help me out.  Would be greatly appreciated.  I contacted andy as well but thought I would ask here for anyone who might have direct experience with the guncon 2. 

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:41:11 pm by jonbenderr »

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
Re: Aimtrak OEM Guncon 2
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:52:13 pm »
Pictures of what I am speaking of...

1st picture is of the two wires running between the two button contacts...

2nd shows what I THINK is the right way to attach trigger to ground...

SlyBlueFox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2023, 12:11:50 pm
Re: (Sorted) Aimtrak OEM Guncon 2
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:15:30 am »
The trigger and buttons should have a signal wire and a ground wire. All the grounds can be connected together but the signal wires are all separate. Here is the AimTrak site that shows the connections on the board: https://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak_module.html

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
Re: (Sorted) Aimtrak OEM Guncon 2
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 07:01:35 am »
Thank you SlyBlueFox.

I ended up sorting everything out.  The biggest problem I had was the switch for the trigger was soldered to the pcb and I was having a hard time deciphering what was ground.  I know I've read about common grounds in the guncon but it was just a little over my head.

I ended up using another arcade button microswitch for trigger since the terminals were easy enough to set up a main and ground wire.  I then used the lead wires coming from the bottom button and the two wires coming from the single side button shown in the image above for my two other buttons. 

Soldered all the wires appropriately and now my Aimtraks are functioning beautifully and I have been playing T2 and Lethal Enforcers non stop!  :D

The challenge right now is getting DemulShooter working with the M2 emulator.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:32:37 am by jonbenderr »