Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neo geo Vs Groovy Mame  (Read 4689 times)

roccias

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2023, 08:44:09 am
Neo geo Vs Groovy Mame
« on: March 21, 2018, 07:28:47 am »
Hi everyone. I read in other forums that there are graphical difference between to play with the Real Hardware (neogeo) and Grovymame. Some people say that the graphic is better on Neo Geo. Is it true?

Doozer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2023, 09:19:49 am
  • Z80 ERROR
Re: Neo geo Vs Groovy Mame
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 09:35:48 am »
Hi everyone. I read in other forums that there are graphical difference between to play with the Real Hardware (neogeo) and Grovymame. Some people say that the graphic is better on Neo Geo. Is it true?

I do not see any difference between the real NEO GEO video output and the groovymame output. I only heard about some ATI graphical cards are producing blurry output but I did not experience this on mine.

mdd45

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 04:56:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 12:55:17 pm »
It is almost perfect for my taste, even though i don't own a neo geo aes, mvs or cd system to better test.

There is a known glitch on Garou Mark Of the Wolves, for example: on the 3rd round of Terry's stage (the one with the looping background), in which the background loop sequence is messed up. http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=3954 . It is because wait states are not being emulated in mame so it is not a groovymame bug.

It is the same reason that CPS1 Street fighter 2 Turbo is running too fast on mame. http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=00408

Both of them though are working ok in FBA!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:10:20 pm by mdd45 »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 01:38:55 pm »
They are 99.9999999999% identical. There may be some emulation bugs but they looks pretty much exactly the same.

If you're that worried about the graphics, get yourself a NeoGeo 1 Slot and a DarkSoft Multi-MVS
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 04:50:06 pm
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 02:49:56 pm »
Some people say that the graphic is better on Neo Geo. Is it true?

Aside from specific emulation bugs, no, this is not true.

I have a one slot Neo Geo and a few of my favorite carts but, for me, it's a waste of time because I can't detect any difference (visual, audible, game play) between the hardware and GM.
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 06:08:59 am »
I have an MVS converted to groovy mame. You won’t notice a difference in gameplay.

If your looking to convert, please save OEM boards. Also check out my mvscomplete attract mode layout.

https://keilmillerjr.github.io