Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can’t find screen POT  (Read 1515 times)

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Can’t find screen POT
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:31:02 am »
Hi. I have a taito New Zealand chassis and the image is far to bright. There are no focus or screen pots on the fly back. There is a focus pot on the neck board and this works fine. I have tried adjusting the brightness and contrast but it’s far to bright as I can see bright green lines in front of the image. Usually I would adjust the screen pot until it was black then introduce brightness and contrast etc however I cannot locate a screen pot. Please help. Pics of boards attached. Thanks

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Can’t find screen POT
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:42:27 am »
The "G2 SET" trimpot is your screen control on the neck board. Use a well insulated screwdriver as the screen voltage is between 400 to 800 volts!

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »
The "G2 SET" trimpot is your screen control on the neck board. Use a well insulated screwdriver as the screen voltage is between 400 to 800 volts!

Hi, thanks however I tried that pot and it made no difference at all 😞

Maybe it needs a new pot? Or can I just spray it with contact cleaner etc?

Thanks

princess prin prin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:12:17 pm
  • intrinsically safe
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 03:31:15 am »
G2 voltage is derived from focus voltage but it's not clear what's connected to the focus pot. Where does the blue wire go? Pic of the underside of the neckboard would be useful too.