Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Whats the opposite of Chuffed?  (Read 3144 times)

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Whats the opposite of Chuffed?
« on: March 14, 2018, 01:44:53 pm »
Whatever it is, its what I am today.  First Microsoft put a pile of mcduffins into this months W7/2008R2 update which broke all our DMZ Servers including a DNS server which in turn caused our Telephone system to throw all it's toys out the pram. Get that all resolved and go home for lunch where I have a letter from Parcelforce advising I have to pay £55 in customs charges etc for what was meant to be just £65 worth of items from the US.  Seemingly I have to pay 20% of the Items value plus VAT on the postage/handling/commision involved in the purchase of the items.  WTF,  Sorry I'm paying my government tax for something that somebody in another country did where I already payed the relevant bloody taxes.  Arggggghhhhhhhhhh,  I'mma gonna go set fire to something and watch it burn.   >:D >:D >:D

Titchgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Whats the opposite of Chuffed?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 01:51:49 pm »
Un-chuffed??

Sounds like your having a fun filled day lol

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 01:57:20 pm »
Meh, My non chuffyness started yesterday when I went to put some new LED lights in a display cabinet, pulled the roll of smd's out, got the controller out, got the adapter out, put it all together, lights went mental, Hmm, try different set of lights, same issue, try different controller same problem,  check polarity of adapter all good,  Try 1 more controller, nope, OK last controller, change PSU, yep it works, hmmm, connect to old PSU, same problem,  reconnect to new PSU, same problem.  Look at old PSU, Yep that's not a 12V adapter for LEDS its a Bloody 48V adapter for POE,  :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:  At least replacement controllers are only a couple of quid each. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 04:33:03 pm »
I think we've been using the term "naffed" in past threads.  It's been a brutal week for me and it's just Tuesday, but I'm trying to stay positive. 

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:06:54 pm »
I think we've been using the term "naffed" in past threads.  It's been a brutal week for me and it's just Tuesday, but I'm trying to stay positive.
It’s Wednesday.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 05:44:47 pm »
It’s Wednesday.

If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 06:51:38 pm »
Thats a pretty brutal week when you loose a whole day LOL

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 03:36:00 pm »
Well it didn't improve any, I found out the reason for so much charge, goods valued at $280,  Bloody hell, I paid $86  :dunno :dunno May be able to claim back from HMRC but dunno if I can be asked.  Also wifes car recently had wheel bearing done,  Hasn't been used much since , I borrowed it and it sounded like a transformer changing form (You know that new movie stoopid sound). Got a mechanic to come round and have a look, test drove it and asked if we had any work done on the wheels, Advised yes.  Turns out the Hub was not back on tight enough and was most of the way off.  Bloody good job I didn't take it for a drive down to the Inlaws,  Hate to think what losing a wheel at 70Mph is like. (I know what it's like at about 15 going round a roundabout and that was bad enough).   Still got Friday to go,  Hows Howard doing, have you found your missing day yet?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 05:58:23 pm »
Losing a day was nothing.  Internet and Cable went out again last night.... I've had internet and/or cable problems at least once a month for the past 6 months.  Power went out this morning.  When it came back on I discovered that it fried the power supply in this computer and possibly my UPS (how else could it have fried the power supply?)  Even though the cable company had to come up to fix the break along with the power people, and the downed line was less than a mile from my house, they couldn't be bothered to come up and take a quick look.  No they can't come up until Monday, even though they were literally here today. 

So I got fed up... got out a big spool of cable my father in law had, ran a new line myself by splicing into my neighbors at the junction box.  Everything works fine and it took all of 15 minutes.  I know you aren't supposed to do that, but if they don't want me to mess with the lines then they better get their sorry asses up here within 24 hours.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 08:21:07 am »
To OP , always check the patch Tuesday thread on reddit :)

I went through the same thing, but since I knew what was going to happen, I pushed out a powershell script to fix the issue on reboot.

Don't you patch test on 1 server before rolling out to production?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 03:42:35 am »
@malenko, I have since added the reddit forum to my faves having come across it during the fix.  It only caught us out on our Customer facing systems in the DMZ, those are told to do their own updating direct from MS.   For everything else I have pushed out the script to go with all the updates.  I Updated about 60 machines this weekend and only had one misbehave.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 07:21:34 am »
Some of our machines are like that, we just put them in their own container in WSUS.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.