Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: H-Width does nothing  (Read 2028 times)

noreason

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 12:48:23 pm
H-Width does nothing
« on: March 08, 2018, 02:44:25 pm »
 I have a nanao ms8-26su monitor that I am trying to adjust the horizontal width on but the adjustment does nothing.

The ferrite core isn’t broken and can easily be adjusted pretty far in both directions but nothing actually happens.

Before I recapped the monitor, the width was good even though the H width didn’t do anything, I didn’t really need it..  Now after the capping the image is too wide and I can’t adjust it. I know that the adjustment doesn’t adjust much and that there is a jumper but it’s already set the normal and not wide.

I read that replacing the chiclet looking capacitors might work but I don’t want to do that if it won’t help.  Is there anything I can test to find out what is working and what isn’t? Any advice on what to check first? (And how to test?)

Thanks in advance

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: H-Width does nothing
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:14:01 pm »
IIRC, there are transistors and some resistors in the middle of the board that are related... the resistors go out of spec and need to be replaced.

R432 = 8.2k
R434 = 27 Ohms
R435 = 12 Ohms
R445 = 8.2k

noreason

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:30:08 am »
IIRC, there are transistors and some resistors in the middle of the board that are related... the resistors go out of spec and need to be replaced.

R432 = 8.2k
R434 = 27 Ohms
R435 = 12 Ohms
R445 = 8.2k

Everything checks out there... anything else i should check while the board is out?

I noticed ZD903 and ZD904 seemed strange, and on the neck board there is a capacitor that seems out of place. Maybe it's from the factory, but i'm not sure?

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:51:05 am
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 05:23:56 pm »
does your pincushion pot operate at all?

noreason

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 12:07:33 pm »
does your pincushion pot operate at all?

Is there a pincushion pot on this board? I can't seem to find it. I see one unlabeled pot (r564?). not sure what it is...

Here's another strange looking mod @ r303 on the neckboard?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:11:32 pm by noreason »