Main > Reviews

Full size cabinet review from GameRoomSolutions

<< < (4/4)

pbj:
Always start with the charge back. No threats or negotiations.

formula409:
Am I the only person who can't handle control panels where bolts/screws are sticking out/aren't flush with the surface? It just seems so amateurish. Can't imagine paying for a product with such a sloppy design.

yotsuya:

--- Quote from: formula409 on July 07, 2020, 02:32:26 am ---Am I the only person who can't handle control panels where bolts/screws are sticking out/aren't flush with the surface? It just seems so amateurish. Can't imagine paying for a product with such a sloppy design.

--- End quote ---
No, I prefer the carriage bolt look. It’s original and easier to maintain. I don’t think it looks amateurish at all.

Mike A:
Carriage bolts are the way it was done.

Drakkorcia:
I bought a 32" cabinet from GRS for a very reasonable price and fast, free shipping. I wanted a Recroommasters Extension but it was literally $750 more expensive. So I rolled the dice. The control panel and art was correct/looked good, the wood was a very solid 3/4" melamine, no missing pieces, and only a few minor flaws which I expected having ordered from them before. Some of the melamine had small chips on the corners, the mending plate holes didn't line up because GRS supplier changes the plates slightly, and I had to dremel shave the monitor track so I could lower my monitor a bit more. Otherwise, there were only two things that needed modification; there is nothing on the bottom so I spent $5 on some magic sliders, and the speaker panel shows bare wood between the slots so I got some grill covers to cover them up. So basically, I had to sharpie a few nicks on back panel pieces and drill 4 pilot holes to save $750.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version