Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch Maxx Diamond Install/Imaging  (Read 5341 times)

Cincycades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2018, 08:55:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Megatouch Maxx Diamond Install/Imaging
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:40:05 pm »
Hi everyone - looking everwhere for some direction on how to if possible install Maxx software on a new hard drive (since mine died)

I have the 2 discs but I get no progress when booting from the disc during "creation of directories" etc..

I've heard this is possible - but I've also read couple posts saying you have to have a branded Merit HDD

Can anyone provide me with some guidance???

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:35:47 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Megatouch Maxx Diamond Install/Imaging
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:42:54 pm »
Hi everyone - looking everwhere for some direction on how to if possible install Maxx software on a new hard drive (since mine died)

I have the 2 discs but I get no progress when booting from the disc during "creation of directories" etc..

I've heard this is possible - but I've also read couple posts saying you have to have a branded Merit HDD

Can anyone provide me with some guidance???

yes, up until 2005, you require a merit "branded" harddrive for the software to install to the drive.

did the drive DIE?... or did some sectors become bad and files got corrupted rendering it unbootable?

it is possible to use a utility to scan the drive and mark off the bad sectors making the drive half decent again. The original maxtor drives are scannable by seagate software (the company who bought them out back in the day.)  and you should be able to determine if the drive is salvageable.

https://www.seagate.com/ca/en/support/downloads/seatools/

if it's toast toast. you are looking at buying a "new" drive.

Cincycades

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:50:42 pm »
First had the Date/Time error. I put a new battery in but got operating system not found error.

I then noticed it wasn't recognizing the HDD. It soon but isn't recognized in bios. Set to auto.

Any specific settings in bios I'm missing?

I was told if I format drive correctly I can install the disks to a blank HDD to clarify this is not correct? Thanks for the help

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:58:28 am
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:19:12 pm »
what part of Cincy you from? I've got a ruby key and drive I can toss in there for you

Cincycades

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 05:44:40 pm »
Hey Mike - thanks for offer I'm on east side near Coney.

I got this up and running today. You can use any hard drive for Maxx. It is XL, and Force 2002-2004 that needs a special drive. This should be noted.

My problem was I needed to partition the drive to 2gb and change it to active. Used the CDs to install.