Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe AMI TI-1 Deauville Song selection problem  (Read 2461 times)

Mmonkey5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2018, 03:52:35 pm
Rowe AMI TI-1 Deauville Song selection problem
« on: March 06, 2018, 10:37:17 am »
Hi Everyone,
I just purchased a Rowe TI-1 Deauville last week and i'm having some trouble getting it going.  To start the machine powers up, it is on free play and the make selection light is lit, the selector button work properly and stay down with a click once the number button is pushed but nothing plays.

Below is a list of things i've tried and noticed.

I can rotate the cam switch on the side with an allen wrench and it works all the functions properly. 

If i trigger the scan control actuator away from the scan switch manually it will start the magazine and rotate around and stop on an S (sometimes S1 sometimes S7 sometimes S5 but always on an S no matter where it started from)

If i manually rotate the cam switch and get a record playing i can manually trigger the scan control switch and after the song finishes it will properly finish the play cycle, put the record back and then rotate all the way around and stop on an S.

I was manually playing a record and while it was playing once i manually triggered the scan switch it put the record back and i was able to select a song from the selector buttons and the song played perfectly... ONCE  :banghead:  After that i can't make it do it again even though i tried everything i did then.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you
Scott

ami-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Rowe AMI TI-1 Deauville Song selection problem
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:09:02 am »
Hello Scott,

Check the power suppy (junction box) for any tripped breakers or blown fuses.

You may have seen my advice regarding cleaning the open relays on the keyboard (R1 & R5) and search unit (S1 & S2) by using a paper taper to clean the tips of the contacts. Also check from a mechanical point of view that the contacts open and close under pressure on the contacts.

Make sure that the lo9ng plug on the side of the search unit is fully inline with the PCB tracks (there can be slight movement in the plug up & down).

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK