Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Retropie coin counter and highscore questions  (Read 2892 times)

Muilu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 02:47:10 am
  • First arcade i played was Bomb Jack at 1988
    • Studio Muilu
Retropie coin counter and highscore questions
« on: February 27, 2018, 02:46:56 pm »
Hi,

i've been making a arcade cabinet for quite long time. I started constructing the cabinet 2011 and first it had Windows xp pc that ran hyperspin. That Project never finished and it was kind of on/off thing. Month ago i started over and disassembled some of the cabinet, got rid of pc and started to look into retropie.

Project is coming together quite nicely and it's half way finished but i have couple things i'm strugling with. Would really appreciate if someone could help. I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible to get online scoreboard somehow. I mean, that mame would push all the highscores from games into webserver or something. I'm sure i saw something like this long time ago but can't find it again and how it was made.
Other question is, is there some way to have some sort of coin counter for coin acceptors. My coin acceptors are wired into zero delay usb encoder and i get the pulse when coin is accepted but i would like to have total coin count displayed somewhere (for example the same web page that shows highscores).

If anyone know how to do either of those or can shove me into right direction would be great! Thank you!