Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA 3 post gone?  (Read 19088 times)

vandale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 04:01:16 am
  • Id 10 and t error
Daytona USA 3 post gone?
« on: February 25, 2018, 03:42:47 am »
Hi, I see the post is gone. Can a moderator remove all the attachments and repost as the information is invaluable. I never got around to setting up the game and now I want to but all the flowcharts and bug fixes etc are gone :(

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Re: Daytona USA 3 post gone?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 01:52:50 pm »
Hi, I see the post is gone. Can a moderator remove all the attachments and repost as the information is invaluable. I never got around to setting up the game and now I want to but all the flowcharts and bug fixes etc are gone :(

It's not within my power.  I PMed Saint yesterday about doing exactly what you are suggesting.

I don't know if it's possible or if restoring the thread would get the forum flagged again despite the attachements being stripped.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 02:43:45 pm »
I also PMed him asking if it's the local attachments getting it flagged.  If so they can be put on mediafire or a similar service where the files aren't directly linked.  I had to do that for my MK 9 mods for a month or two a few years back. 

If I felt better I would work on the full-on wrapper.... it will use slightly different techniques and thus it shouldn't be flagged. 

It might be better to start a new thread from scratch and lock it from replies to prevent the multi-page nightmare that it turned into. 

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 02:57:54 pm »
 :timebomb:

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 11:06:10 am »
It's just better to start a sticky, and have that one last post where it described all the issues and fixes,
you don't need the hundreds of questions where everybody asks the same questions over and over again.

later

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »
On the last few pages of the post were some flow charts and well explained fixes, could they be reposted?

Please please please

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 08:19:34 pm »
I was compiling myself a document in case the information vanished...  attached. It's in ugly .txt format, but you'll cope :)

Credit to the original posters, of course.

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 12:22:33 am »
Thank you so much!!!!

I was compiling myself a document in case the information vanished...  attached. It's in ugly .txt format, but you'll cope :)

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 08:32:55 pm »
Anyone had any luck getting this running on an Nvidia card? I've followed every guide I could find which is only like 2 lol and still get stuck on that Network discovery screen then it closes :/

RetroRacer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2018, 10:54:30 am
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 02:49:27 pm »
yeh I've run it on both a Quadro 600 and now a GT710 BUT neither run hhe game at full speed.  But it is fully working.

Hunk_4TH

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 03:54:40 pm »
yeh I've run it on both a Quadro 600 and now a GT710 BUT neither run hhe game at full speed.  But it is fully working.
That's good to hear. I might delete the files and try again. I'm also running Windows 10 pro x64.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 08:33:03 pm »
Anyone had any luck getting this running on an Nvidia card? I've followed every guide I could find which is only like 2 lol and still get stuck on that Network discovery screen then it closes :/

What card specifically?

That's what it did when I tried to run it on a 9800GT which isn't a true directX10 card.

Dropped a 750ti in the same PC without making any changes to any of the files and it went into game just fine.

Nuexzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2023, 01:26:58 am
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 01:35:00 am »
if unfortunately the game only hooks with real dx11.
I still can not play on my pc  :banghead:

Hunk_4TH

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 04:30:47 pm »

What card specifically?

That's what it did when I tried to run it on a 9800GT which isn't a true directX10 card.

Dropped a 750ti in the same PC without making any changes to any of the files and it went into game just fine.
It's a Evga 1070 hybrid. Oh really? Then it must not like certain cards :/

jenseits

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2019, 03:23:51 am
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 09:48:09 am »
 I‘m running it on an i5@4ghz with nvidia 730gt (1gb ddr5).
Windows 7.

The game is running at 50 to 60 fps but it runs like slow-motion.
I can see it when i‘m looking at the race time where each second lasts approx 1.7 seconds...
Does anybody get the same result?
I‘ve got directX11 and DDI-Version also says „11“.

Tried it on my macbook (windows7, i7, 1gb ddr5) and it‘s the same there :-(

vice350z

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2019, 08:14:19 pm
  • BRINGO!!!
    • Sirius 66 - The Beat
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 02:12:58 pm »
Was the forum contacted by Sega to take it down? Curious as to why its gone.

I noticed on Sega Amusement's site that they finally took down the links to download the update. Now they say "You should get your USB drive shortly, if you do not receive your USB-drive, simply email us at sales@segaarcade.com so we can arrange one to be sent out to you"

And now I see the thread is gone.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 09:07:48 pm »
Was the forum contacted by Sega to take it down? ...And now I see the thread is gone.

Nah, not connected. It was a false-positive or notification issue from the attachments that made google block the forums as high-risk. Thread is still down the page if you look, as closed by Saint with that explanation :)

jabz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2022, 02:06:35 am
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 11:01:08 pm »
I was looking for the thread too, however I don't seem to have access to Post Hell.. so can't see it anyway.

jabz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2022, 02:06:35 am
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 11:09:44 pm »
Is there a way to get any other wheel/shifter combination working with Daytona 3?  I.e Thrustmaster T-500 and TH8RS shifter?

ToppestOfDogs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2019, 04:48:44 pm
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 09:16:36 pm »

The link to the launcher in the txt is dead

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 01:39:11 am »
Hopefully someone can post it up again :( I don't think i have it or i would.

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:35:34 pm
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2018, 01:52:07 pm »
For what it's worth, I've just reuploaded my launcher, which handles rumble and menu navigation. Here is the readme. Hopefully it helps someone.

Link: at derpfile.com (note: derpfile is not a real file hosting site. i just registered the domain to host my own files.)

Code: [Select]
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| D3LauncherCL -- from your friends at BYOAC - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com |
 `----------------------------------------------------------------------------'

.-----.
| About |
 `-----'

A less elegant launcher than Howard_Casto's one-stop launcher, though should address:

* Esc key will exit the game
* Mouse is hidden
* Gear shifts never miss, for both H- and sequential
* You can hold the wheel to the side to continue to scroll through menus
* High score initial input scrolls faster if you turn your wheel more
* Some level of rumble

Huge thanks to Howard_Casto for his advice and provided research and jackchen for his work in enabling ffb outputs.

.-----------.
| Quick Start |
 `-----------'

To run:
1. Patch Daytona.exe with the included ppf file. It's the same as in Howard's launcher. If you've already patched with that, no need to do so with this. You can use a program like ppf-o-matic to apply the patch to the file.
2. Enable rumble in x360ce. Go to the FFB tab and set "left motor" to "periodic sine" with "no direction." Set the strength to 100% and apply. You should test the rumble in x360ce by increasing the "test" slider and ensuring the wheel rumbles back and forth.
2. Run D3LauncherCL.exe, it will launch MenuControls.exe and Daytona.exe itself.
** 32-bit users may need to recompile the included MenuControls.ahk script; the included MenuControls.exe script is for 64-bit systems **

.----.
| FAQ: |
 `----'

Q: My in-game menu controls don't work!
A: Make sure that the Daytona.exe window is in focus! If that doesn't work, rename MenuControls2.exe to MenuControls.exe, then re-run the launcher. See if that fixes your issue.

Q: I don't get rumble!
A: Check your settings in x360ce. Ensure that you either (1) have "Force feedback passthrough" enabled, or (2) have configured force feedback in the force feedback section of x360ce (set type to periodicSine and enable both left and right motors!).

Q: I don't get tach rumble
A: Ensure that in x360ce, you have enabled the right motor. Tach rumble uses the right motor, accidents & grass use the left one.

Q: I don't get rumble when I hit walls or cars
A: Use the included .ppf file, and download ppf-o-matic, and apply the ppf patch to Daytona.exe in order to detect wall/car hits, etc.

Q: How do I change my controller sensitivity? The game is so twitchy!
A: Ensure that in x360ce, you have turned off "Force Passthrough." Then, go to your left axis, and play around with the deadzone and sensitivity options. It won't be ideal, but it will be better.

Q: Gears don't shift for me!
A: I have seen this happen on about 25% of computers. If your gears don't shift and you have turned off "force passthrough," do the following:
1. Make a new subfolder in Daytona called Gamepad
2. Move D3LauncherCL.exe, SharpDX.dll, & SharpDX.XInput.dll into that directory. Do not move the .ini or other exe files.
3. Run D3LauncherCL.exe from the subdirectory instead of the main Daytona directory. Note that this means the game will NOT use x360ce-remapped inputs. If you want to use different gear buttons, you can configure these in the ini file now.

.----------------.
| Version History: |
 `----------------'

v1.4 - tach effects moved to right motor and can now be combined with others, better win7 support; included alternate method for those whose menus weren't working. If the menus aren't working for you, rename MenuControls2.exe to MenuControls.exe. Added remappable gear buttons...and custom thresholds for menu movement can be set via the .ini now.
v1.3 - added many rumble scenarios, allowed all rumble features to be configured via .ini file, and restricted rumble to only occur during races. The .ini file is heavily commented. Enjoy.
v1.2b - the app is less quit-happy now, instead choosing to ignore any exceptions that get thrown.
v1.2a - rumble now works the first time you launch the launcher.
v1.2 - added rumble, but it's not anywhere near perfect.
v1.1 - fixed faster scrolling in high score input screen.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:56:57 pm by nugarp »
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 08:54:51 pm »
It might tick Saint off to post that man..... the original post was removed because the site's virus scanner kept getting false positives from the launchers.  If you've got a YouTube channel, put the link in the comments of a video then link to the video.... that should keep the scanners from going nuts. 

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 10:49:04 pm »
It might tick Saint off to post that man..... the original post was removed because the site's virus scanner kept getting false positives from the launchers.  If you've got a YouTube channel, put the link in the comments of a video then link to the video.... that should keep the scanners from going nuts.

Wait I assumed that was because of attachments (aka generated from files on this domain). It's from links?

Edit: It seems ok. Online virus scan results:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/0f9295e0d4c8556c9f9fd03dab4ce1ea06c51dd12a064eeb167da183ac07dd13/detection

Regardless, I've updated the index.html of derpfile.com so I don't need a direct link anymore. Derpfile is not a real site. I just wanted a place to dump files so I registered the domain.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:57:34 pm by nugarp »

LimitZer0

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2019, 05:49:21 pm
  • ...this course is really tough!
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 05:41:16 pm »
Can someone please repost the networking info? I never got around to messing with it. If not I'll figure it out. I don't remember if it is just a matter of changing a config file and a few ip addresses or if there is more to it.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 10:47:32 pm »
In the scraped-together info txt in my post above there's a line described in C:\Sega\GameData\config.ini that specifies network_type. No idea about anything else.

If you do get it working, please post back on what steps are needed :)

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 12:51:40 am »
Can someone please repost the networking info? I never got around to messing with it. If not I'll figure it out. I don't remember if it is just a matter of changing a config file and a few ip addresses or if there is more to it.

Here's what I have written down for it.

Code: [Select]
1. Machines must be on 192.168.1.x so 192.168.0.x won't work.

2. "x" above must be a low #. Mine work fine as 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.5 for my 4 machines

3. Edit ..\ShellData\ShellData.ini => set CabinetID to 1-4 and NumCabinets = total cabinets on network.

4. Edit ..\ShellData\GameSettings.ini => set "TOTAL CABINETS" = total cabinets on network

5. Edit ..\GameData\Game.ini => set CabinetDomain to 192.168.1; set CabinetBaseAddr to the IP part that comes after 192.168.1.X for your ip address

6. Webcams must exist and be compatible. If you don't have them, you can fake them with software like SplitCam.
I have SplitCam set to run at startup, and created these pngs to use with it.
They are non-rotated in the game itself and work great.
Note that the colors are actually wrong in my pics. 1<->2 are switched, 3<->4 are switched, etc.
Daytona 3 basically didn't follow the color ordering of the old Daytonas.

7. I believe that you can just set all machines to slave as per buttersoft's above comment and don't really need to set a master.

hope that helps.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:27 am »
can't believe they took down this post without even giving us a warning or such to grab valuable information

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:42:27 am
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2018, 02:06:18 am »
That post was too "hot": it was only a matter of time.

SahelZ2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2022, 09:37:34 pm
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2022, 03:49:03 am »
I just want to add something:
Being the Logitech Driving Force GT one of the cheapest and most common wheels used for this kind of arcade, to enable that bit of rumble to some "force feedback", who owns this wheel needs to to the following:

Go to the global device setting tab in the Logitech profiler, and set 270 degrees and check the return spring in dynamic games (or something like that).

Doing so, the experience will be better because it mixes together the "rumble" options in x360ce and some centring spring force. Of course, nothing comparable to a proper force feedback (I still remember in the arcade the feeling of CPU driven cars trying to push my car out of the track reflecting in the wheel itself) but better than nothing  ;)