Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee Complete nothing on screen, no IDE Activity  (Read 3902 times)

MikeT1996

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2018, 05:28:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden Tee Complete nothing on screen, no IDE Activity
« on: February 24, 2018, 02:31:19 pm »
Hi, I was given a Golden Tee game non working and am trying to figure it out, it is a red board.  It was a GT 2005 Fore that was upgraded to Complete via CD.  When I got it it would not boot up.  I checked voltages on the power supply and all seemed good.  Thinking it may be the hd, I bought a CF.  Still nothing.  I get 2 red lights on the board when it first starts, I then get 2 green lights, one flashing, one solid.  No ide activity lights, nothing on screen.  I have tried re-seating the video card hoping it would at least give me an error on screen but no luck.  Any ideas?

mock_08

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2018, 03:08:19 pm
  • Just a guy having some fun...fun?
Re: Golden Tee Complete nothing on screen, no IDE Activity
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 06:59:30 am »
Did you try to pull the eprom and made sure the tabs are good and re-seat?

Fattdirk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 11:22:23 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 09:44:41 pm »
I've got the same issue. I think my board is just in a reset loop. I verified the eeprom, reseated the video card. The status light by the boot rom says solid but the status light by U53 and the red lights keep flashing but I think that's just showing it's resetting.

mock_08

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2018, 03:08:19 pm
  • Just a guy having some fun...fun?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:21:30 pm »
I had the same problem. Try adjusting the power supply until the light shows green. If that doesn't work then it's probably your video card

mclovin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2023, 12:53:29 pm
  • GT newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 04:27:00 pm »
You said it was a 2005 that was upgraded to compete by CD? Unless it was upgraded by CD12 years ago then that may be your problem. What does the sticker say on the chip at location u53? G4C-US-U?