Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I'm wanting to restore my Konami Windy City I cabinet to it's former glory  (Read 2742 times)

Snowblindz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2018, 04:03:30 pm
Hello All,

First off I hope i'm posting this in the proper section of the board. I recently was able to get retrieve my Windy City I cabinet. Here is a list of things I need to get it back in order. I'm reaching out to all of you because this has always been the best place on the net, no matter how obscure, to find arcade parts. Below is a list of things I've found that I need for this cabinet.

1. 29" monitor is missing the chassis. Yoke appears to still be in tact. Monitor looked beautiful when it worked... one day the chassis went kaput and I was never able to afford to replace it. I sent it to a guy in Australia and never followed up on it.
2. Power supply... it appears to be dead.
3. A key to get into the coin door, control panel etc... I lost the key!
4. Topper
5. Replacement control panel - not really necessary but would be nice to have cleaner panel
6. Original side art
7. replacements for all the doors...they are discolored and bit rusty.
7. Sanwa joysticks & buttons

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure on my journey to restoration, I will find a bunch of other things I need to fix/replace. I appreciate any and all help! Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:24:34 pm by Snowblindz »

Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
This site is a bit dead regarding restorations... Try over at Klov.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.