Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Free Crap Thread  (Read 123172 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:58:32 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Free Crap Thread
« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2020, 03:31:47 pm »
Yeah, but all of their hardware was crap except for the AES and MVS.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2020, 03:47:51 pm »
Yeah, but all of their hardware was crap except for the AES, MVS and NGPC.

FTFY

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2020, 08:15:47 pm »
Been trying to slowly but surely upgrade some of the tech at grandma's.  A message about a $10 credit for trying amazon photo popped up on my phone.  Free photo backup.. don't mind if I do.  You have to order $25 worth of stuff first party from amazon.com so I threw a roku express in the cart plus this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CAFW77G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

That got me up to $25 and the discount applied.  I doubt this cup holder will ever get back in stock and if that is the case I didn't have to buy filler.... if not it should fit my racing cab so I can use it anyway.  So a roku for $15 is about as cheap as you can get them. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2020, 11:07:15 pm »
I actually need one of those holders for my exercise bike. Mine got lost years ago. Never even occurred to me to check Amazon.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #444 on: May 07, 2020, 02:10:31 pm »
Xbox live Ultimate is currently on sale for a dollar a month and you can pre buy up to three years. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=NKa3hZyYoHA&ranSiteID=NKa3hZyYoHA-UmIMiFovKA865GrSDx20ag&epi=NKa3hZyYoHA-UmIMiFovKA865GrSDx20ag&irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=%28ir__ttk3tqknqar2lhnqfftao9c6ne2xnnuesgqdmtko00%29%287593%29%281243925%29%28NKa3hZyYoHA-UmIMiFovKA865GrSDx20ag%29%28%29&irclickid=_ttk3tqknqar2lhnqfftao9c6ne2xnnuesgqdmtko00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The "Ultimate" version gives you game pass on both your xbox and pc.  This probably isn't for me as I've got a backlog a mile long, but it's a good deal.  I might get it just for all the racing games that work with my cockpit. 

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #445 on: May 08, 2020, 12:17:46 am »
Xbox live Ultimate is currently on sale for a dollar a month and you can pre buy up to three years. 

Darn. Didn't work for me. I'm currently on Ultimate, and it only offers regular price extension. Thanks anyway.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #446 on: May 08, 2020, 10:54:48 am »
You have to let it expire.  Then you have to check Howard's link to see if you quality for $1/month.  Then you go top off your xbox live gold as cheaply and long as possible.  Then you reopen Howard's link and convert it to gamepass ultimate for $1.

I have ultimate through August 2020, got some deal on Xbox gold from newegg that worked out to about $4/month for ultimate.  So I'm in about $25ish for 8 months and used it to play through Overcooked 2 and Life is Strange 2.  Now I don't even turn on my Xbox anymore.

:dunno

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #447 on: May 08, 2020, 11:10:13 pm »
Sets alarm for 7/2022, goes back to sleep to dream of maybe actually playing the games sometime. If I haven't clocked a good number of hours by then, I promise myself I won't renew... Unless it's cheap again.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #448 on: May 14, 2020, 01:20:32 pm »
Got 2 more Tommy Bahama cards, but this time it's $50 off a $100 purchase.  I'm not spending money on Tommy Bahama anytime soon, so hit me up via private message if one of you is interested.  I've used these in the past to subsidize bed-sheet purchases.  Unfortunately they won't stack, I tried.   :lol

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #449 on: May 14, 2020, 08:17:46 pm »
Been fun so far. Crossed Swords weirdly flops over to Japanese after a few minutes. Shout out to yotsuya's alma matter for supplying the power source.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #450 on: June 02, 2020, 04:03:44 pm »
So last month I waited until the last minute and got bloodstained for the ps4.  I've got more games than time so I really only bought it to use my coupon.  I think I got it for 20 with shipping and the amazon price is around 23 so I saved a whole 3 bucks.  I'll probably buy the mortal kombat 11 expansion this month. 

On another note dang coke.com doesn't give away anything anymore.  I'm about to throw out my caps. 

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #451 on: June 02, 2020, 04:12:00 pm »
I still gotta play through Bloodstained. I made the mistake of buying it on Switch, and had to wait for them to patch it so that it ran better/didn't crash randomly.
Since then I've put it aside, but I should pick it back up now, it's apparently been fixed.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #452 on: June 02, 2020, 04:17:40 pm »
I would have rather gotten it on the switch but I was apprehensive about it because of all the bugs even with the patch.  This will be a good experiment to see if I can get used to a janky psx d-pad.  ;)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #453 on: June 19, 2020, 02:37:21 am »
Just a heads up... Injustice:  Gods Among Us and I think all of it's dlc is free for the xbox 360/xbox one right now.  No gold or anything required. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #454 on: June 19, 2020, 04:08:31 pm »
Also on PS4. Thanks for the heads up.

:cheers:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #455 on: June 19, 2020, 05:39:33 pm »
Also on the pc via steam so yeah, anybody can get it. 

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #456 on: June 19, 2020, 08:36:26 pm »
Also on PS4. Thanks for the heads up.

+1

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2020, 05:32:56 pm »
Amazon decided to give me a trial of Prime again.

Combined that with some Chase rewards to get an Action Replay delivered tomorrow.  Retails for $40, which is what I paid for one 23 years ago. 

I remember when I couldn’t give away my Saturn stuff here in 2005.  Now the prices are making me bleed.

:banghead:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #458 on: June 21, 2020, 07:28:08 pm »
Well Action Replays are in high demand where they can be used as a soft mod now.  Prior to that they were virtually worthless as only a couple of games actually used that ram expansion. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #459 on: June 21, 2020, 07:56:43 pm »
Two passionate arguments from this hobby that are funny in hindsight..,.

“I may be a freshman computer science major, but I’ve looked at the confidential Saturn documents and I think you could do anything from that cartridge slot....”

And

“Some day someone’s going to put an emulator on a jamma board....”

#vindicated

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2020, 10:07:22 pm »
Yeah it only took 'em about 15 years. 

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2020, 07:11:56 am »
I remember when I couldn’t give away my Saturn stuff here in 2005.  Now the prices are making me bleed.

Seems like the prices of all "retro" video game consoles and hardware have gone through the roof lately. There were a few more consoles I wanted to add to my collection, but I'm afraid they might be out of reach price-wise now.  :( Furthermore, it seems like a lot of sellers on eBay that have the more rare consoles tend to take crappy photos in an effort to obscure their true condition. I guess the demand is so high now that people must be buying stuff and not really scrutinizing it that closely. I suppose it's a good time to sell if you have any old hardware you want to get rid of...

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #462 on: June 28, 2020, 08:21:12 pm »
Imagine, if you will, a world where you can buy officially licensed SEGA Saturn products in 2020.

Cashed in what’s possibly the last of my work waddle bucks on this.  Switching jobs in 3 weeks.  If coworkers are still stalking me here, they just got a scoop.

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #463 on: June 28, 2020, 10:32:43 pm »
Nice pick up! :applaud: I have their black bluetooth controller. Unfortunately they weren't making the 2.4gHz version in black when I bought mine even though the vast majority of Saturns are black, so I had to go bluetooth and buy the receiver separately. Of course now that I bought mine they are going to make a black 2.4gHz version. Never fails. LOL! :banghead:

Supposedly they are working on a wireless Dreamcast controller that is very similar to the stock controller but with some improvements. Really looking forward to that. It is quite amazing that new Sega branded products are being released so many years after they stopped making hardware. Now if we could only get them to make a new console...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2020, 01:04:23 am »
Hey that's cool.  I didn't realize the wireless one came with a dongle for the Saturn and pc... you know I've got about 25 bucks in amazon credit.....

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2020, 02:59:32 pm »
Feels pretty good.  CD drive is dead on this “guaranteed tested and working” Saturn and my Fenrir hasn’t arrived so I’m unable to do anything besides move the cursor around on the menu.

:banghead:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2020, 04:36:20 pm »
That sounds like my luck.  So when does the black one come out, because I'd rather have that.

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2020, 08:53:45 pm »
That sounds like my luck.  So when does the black one come out, because I'd rather have that.

According to the website below where they are available for pre-order, it's supposed to be released next month. I suspect Amazon should have them around the same time as well.

https://castlemaniagames.com/collections/pre-order/products/sega-saturn%C2%AE-8-button-arcade-pad-2-4-ghz-wireless-black

PBJ you will have to let us know how that Fenrir works out. I have a Phoebe in one of my Saturn consoles, but would like to get a Fenrir for the other when they are available for units with the 21 pin connector. They are way easier to order and much cheaper than the Rhea/Phoebe ODEs. So far it seems like they have pretty good reviews...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:56:20 pm by gamepimp »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2020, 02:07:35 am »
Yeah I'm sure as soon as I get my Saturn setup the way I like it the disc drive will die so I'm curious as well. 

I've got one more question.... will the dongles just work with the included Saturn controller or can you use the other standard stuff? (ps3, switch ,ect.)  I'm just asking because opts streams makes me think it might be cool to use an arcade stick for some of these games.... I could just buy a ps4 stick or something. 

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2020, 07:05:16 am »
I've got one more question.... will the dongles just work with the included Saturn controller or can you use the other standard stuff? (ps3, switch ,ect.)  I'm just asking because opts streams makes me think it might be cool to use an arcade stick for some of these games.... I could just buy a ps4 stick or something.

If you buy the setup like I have (bluetooth controller and dongle) you apparently can connect other controllers like XBOX One, PS4, and Switch. It doesn't look like the 2.4GHz dongle will work with other controllers though unfortunately. You would also lose out on the USB option for PC, but the bluetooth stuff is available now on Amazon. Supposedly 2.4GHz can have less latency than bluetooth, but I don't seem to notice any lag with my setup right now.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2020, 09:37:48 pm »
Well the downward spiral of the gamestop rewards program continues.  I waited for pro day but the website considered any discount a coupon and it only allows one coupon code per order so I couldn't use my $5 voucher.  The sales weren't great so I thought I would wait till today which is supposed to be the last day the coupon is valid.  Nope.... apparently the coupon is valid until the last day, not through it so I lost that one.  I'll order something tomorrow with my July coupon so this doesn't happen again.  Also they've changed their policy so now anything on sale won't work with the voucher.  If it weren't for covid I'd just go in a store and buy a gift card but right now it's not worth it. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2020, 11:32:59 pm »
Just a few notes on the Retrobit Saturn controller when used with a Genesis Mini.

The USB receiver doesn’t play well when plugged into a usb extension cable.  Buttons A and B were swapped, as were X and Y.  Was also lagging some.  All this went away when I plugged it directly to the console.

When playing Mortal Kombat 1 with the stock emulator, buttons XYZ only work in round 1 of each match.  Very weird bug.  But this isn’t an officially emulated game so eh.

Works fine with SF2 in six button mode with stock emulator.

Retro arch works very easily with it.  Make sure you tell it to emulate a 6 button and change the actual in game options to 6 button.  Tested MK2, MK2 32x, and MK3.

Anyway, feels very nice.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:39:44 pm by pbj »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #472 on: July 01, 2020, 02:17:00 am »
Those are some odd bugs.  Btw for anyone wanting a good usb genesis controller they are on sale at I believe best buy for $10.  Another officially licensed sega product.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14162945-retro-bit-sega-genesis-6-button-arcade-pad-for-pc-mac-sega-genesis-mini-playstation-3-and-nintendo-switch-black-9-99?attrsrc=Test%3AElasticsearchIntegration%3AElasticsearch_rev3&src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #473 on: July 01, 2020, 11:50:15 am »
Good price, but I'd spring the extra $10 for the 8 button version that adds shoulder buttons and moves the mode button to the middle.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2020, 10:48:21 pm »
Dumpster dives... been awhile.

(all that crap inside the plastic tubs is stuff I already owned... but the tubs/shelves are "new")

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #475 on: July 07, 2020, 12:17:52 am »
Not bad man.   I've got one of those tubs.  :)

Gamestop has the wireless psx classic gamepads on sale for 3 bucks.  As usual shipping kills the deal but if you wanted to pick it up I guess it'd be a good deal. 

So as to the ongoing gamestop rewards saga I got something that is inching towards a deal.  They sent out a $10 "welcome back" coupon and for whatever reason this coupon stacks with the $5 coupon, so I went ahead and bought a physical copy of MK11 Aftermath for $45  That's a lot of hassle to get it down to $5 below what walmart would sell it every day but whatever. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #476 on: July 14, 2020, 10:28:04 pm »
Another pile of ps3 games that I'll never play.

:lol

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2020, 11:40:21 pm »
Browsed my Rakuten account and apparently the bonus $10 in points I got for my monitor expires tonight.  Real nice of them letting me know that.   :angry:   I ordered a dozen cheap-ass, no-name happ pushbutton clones.  I'm sure the buttons are fairly terrible, but you can't buy microswitches that cheap so if those are at least decent I've come out to the good.  It's getting harder to find nick-naks to spend points on these days.  That might be a sign I have a problem... oh well. 

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #478 on: July 18, 2020, 10:19:17 am »
Psycho neighbor threw away a brand new charcoal grill. Still had tags on it. It joins my decrepit Weber.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #479 on: July 18, 2020, 02:46:57 pm »
Heh maybe they couldn't figure out how to turn on the gas on that charcoal grill.  I kid you not I once overheard a customer asking a sales clerk that in Kmart.  R.I.P. Kmart