Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus+MESS+Atari7800  (Read 3521 times)

Sandman71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2022, 10:33:08 am
  • All wife wanted was Outrun.
Maximus+MESS+Atari7800
« on: February 19, 2018, 01:54:14 pm »
I thought I'd pass along my discovery from hours of tinkering on Sunday.  Specifically relating to getting Atari7800+MESS+Maximus running together.  I do really love the "figuring it out" part and realize there is no one formula for all of this.  So, thank you to those who pass along what they discover, hopefully someone will see it. 

Anyway: Windows 10 x64, Maximus, MESS 1.51, Tankstick.

Atari 7800 ROMS were all working in MESS, but could not get MA to play any.  Went directly to the black screen of death.  Tried so many different combinations of Path/settings/etc and nada.  I opened up one of my ROM zip files and noticed there was an NTSC and a PAL version.  Turns out, PAL roms contributed to the issue.  Deleted all of them.
Other things to note:
-Short path
-Do not use "nonewui" in the command line.  (I really do not even understand that command line fully, but came across someone's post with it eliminated)
**Don't forget to place the BIOS files for Atari7800 into the ROM folder you pointed MA to.

Anyway, that's my lesson learned for the day.  Next step is to install MESS in each ROM emu folder I want to run through MA (someone said it's a good idea to install a copy for each machine).  Hope these tricks carry forward.

BTW; anyone know of how to setup the joystick hotkey to exit emu back to MA system game menu?  I keep having to use the mouse to "exit".

Sandman