Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question regarding front ends?  (Read 1612 times)

Godlikewars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2018, 09:43:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Question regarding front ends?
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:34:09 am »
Hello, I do apologize if this is the wrong section, however I am looking at building my own arcade/mame emulated cabinet, and since I have all the technical stuff here, Computer fpsx game controller, a few ps3 guitars, and a lot of scrap computers/monitors etc I figured I would build one with a few of these features with a switch button to switch between computers for specific features, my question is, is there any mame system out there, that supports multiple key features? for example, keybinding a guitar hero guitar, computer controller, & joypads to the system? so when playing for example, guitar hero I could play with the guitar coming out of the side, or when playing another game like Diablo 1 (just an example) I could use a keyboard, or game controller, or even when playing retro games I could use a joypad? sorry, I am new to all this, and this spring I will be setting up the technical end/guts then this summer, since the guts I can do for practically nothing... this summer I will work on the cabinet/housing.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Question regarding front ends?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:49:52 pm »
Your front-end doesn't handle controllers for games... you set that within the game/emulator.  If you are asking can a FE be setup to scroll through the menu will all of that junk.... possibly... but why not just use the joystick for navigation?

Godlikewars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2018, 09:43:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Question regarding front ends?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:58:43 pm »
yeah, I figured it out, front end just hides everything, I deeply apologize, my initial understanding was the front end was the multi-emulator system, I wasn't understanding it correctly originally, I apologize for this post lol...