Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: You should watch Everything Sucks.  (Read 2459 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
You should watch Everything Sucks.
« on: February 18, 2018, 10:20:26 pm »
Imagine Stranger Things minus the psychic powers and alternate dimensions.... you know the child drama.  That's pretty much it.  It's a fairly realistic take on relationships between teenagers without all the Hollywood b.s.  I'm still trying to figure out how they snuck into my high school and secretly taped this.  The only odd thing about it is the way the kids have some "Charlie Brown syndrome" going on.  They say things and do things and dress in ways that would have gotten you expelled in my high school.  Other than that it's pretty great.  Just avoid it if you are homophobic or something. 

dkersten

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 11:47:30 am
  • If you are gonna do it, do it right..
Re: You should watch Everything Sucks.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:36:13 pm »
I really liked Everything Sucks, but I have a soft spot for coming of age films, especially ones with nerds in them. 

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:22:01 am »
I just finished this last night. It's a little after my time, but I could still relate to the idea of it being period. I thought they kept it from being campy by focusing on the tougher themes instead of kid-in-the-locker freshman business.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 10:31:20 am »
3 minutes in I wanted to turn it off.  I waited 7 minutes since people here seemed to like it and couldn't take anymore.
It felt like someone unfamiliar with the 90's trying to create a deluge of memberberries with things they saw on a VH1 documentary.
All the music and crap is there, but the mentality, mannerisms and language are wrong (except for the buzz words they got from the VH1 documentary).

Probably being a bit critical for a sitcom, but I couldn't make it 10 minutes.

EDIT: I think Fresh off the Boat hits a good balance of 90's nostalgia & current era sitcom
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:01:39 pm by BadMouth »