Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Has anyone tried an Aim-Force device with Demulshooter and Aim-Trak recoil gun?  (Read 3963 times)

mickael28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi,

I saw this device on ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aim-Force-One-Real-Time-Force-Feedback-for-Ultimarc-AimTrak-Recoil-Arcade-Gun/142466996696, and I was wondering if someone knows if it works with the Demulshooter software?

And if it does, have you use it for periods of a couple of hours at a time with an Aim-Trak gun without any heating issues? Asking because I was reading random posts inside other threads and sites and people were thinking that this device could be a problem for the gun itself, maybe overheating something and damaging it. But the description seems to talk about Aim-Trak support, so not sure if that means there's no need to worry about that?

If you've not tried with the device as such, what do you think about both doubts anyway?, as it could help me to think about the device in a different way.

Many thanks.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Not tried one but ide imagine it would burn the noids out quickly if used on full auto!

mickael28

• Offline Offline
I need to research what the noids are and see if there are details about how/when they get overheated, as the main point would be to use it in fast-paced games rather than in slow ones...

As for the compatibility of Demulshooter with it, do you know if both softwares are indpendent from each other and can run in parallel by any chance?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
Basicly the noids get hot when they are moving alot in a short space of time.

Think friction, So obviously having them run full auto is likely to kill them I would think.

I think most auto recoils are rumble packs which are basically motors so running at high speed is no issue.

As for the software demulshoter is a totally separate piece of software.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Some of the older auto recoils were actually motors attached to a piston.... they are so violent that the guns have to be full metal and there is a rubber stopper pad to keep the piston from beating the gun apart.  I've been researching a universal solution, but the by far the easiest way is to use a rumble motor for full auto and a solenoid for single shot games. 

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
Some of the older auto recoils were actually motors attached to a piston.... they are so violent that the guns have to be full metal and there is a rubber stopper pad to keep the piston from beating the gun apart.  I've been researching a universal solution, but the by far the easiest way is to use a rumble motor for full auto and a solenoid for single shot games.

Piston recoil sounds amazing!!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
It's amazing when it works.  You'll notice a lot of old operation wolf or t2 machines constantly out of order.... it's because the guns were beat up from the piston and stopped working.  At least that's what the people who've owned one tell me.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
Never seen an original of either over here to be honest.

Would love to try one though, Especially T2..

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
T2 is damn amazing.  The guns are so big and heavy that as a kid I could barely play it.  The piston will shake you to death and that affects aiming, so it really adds to the game. 

mickael28

• Offline Offline
Now that you guys mentioned that auto-recoil would be better with a simple rumble feature, I tried hooking up a Wiimote to my PC to play Let's Go Island and enabling the rumble feature via Demulshooter, and it's pretty good actually. For occasional use at least, it's quite usable. Not sure how it'd compare to something like an Aimtrak regarding accuracy or compatibility of games (as for example, for whatever reason, I cannot launch a bunch of games when the Wiimote is paired to the computer, like House of Dead 3, the game just crashes. But as soon as the Wiimote is disconnected it just launches fine)

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
The AT’s are far superior to the Wii mote.

Maybe you could modify a AT to use a rumble pack instead of the noid?

Maybe Andy has experimented with this already?

And yeah T2 is loads of fun but I have only ever played it on SNES and MAME.
Totally want to experience this piston recoil now though!! Lol

mickael28

• Offline Offline
The AT’s are far superior to the Wii mote.

Totally want to experience this piston recoil now though!! Lol

Thanks for that comment, I was not sure if an AT would be a lot better. But I'll end up buying one then.

I want to experience that piston recoil thing as well. Is there any other modern arcade that has a good/strong kickback? We've got a bunch of light gun machines in my area but I didn't notice much recoil in the ones I played...

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 11:15:40 am
I got an aimforce and i havent tested it for hours yet, but its awesome i dont want to play gun games without it.

It produces machinegun effect too & adjusting the recoil strength can also be done.

the software has an heat limiter to monitor the heat

mickael28

• Offline Offline
I realized yesterday that I had a wii shotgun/rifle which had rumble function provided by 2 AA batteries. TBH, I had never turn it on 'cos when I bought it I was trying other style of games, but I managed to hook it up to my PC and play a proper arcade game, Let's go Island, and the feeling of the rumble was really good there, strong and no worries about anything getting hot even for prolonged times pressing the trigger.

I think for some arcade games, where one is pressing the trigger almost on a constant basis, the effect of a machine gun might be too much for an Aim-Trak...

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
I got an aimforce and i havent tested it for hours yet, but its awesome i dont want to play gun games without it.

It produces machinegun effect too & adjusting the recoil strength can also be done.

Hows the software monitor the temp?

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !

Good question, because there is absolutly no heat sensor in an AT. It could only calculate it, but this would not be very accurate...

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline

Good question, because there is absolutly no heat sensor in an AT. It could only calculate it, but this would not be very accurate...

That was my thinking also.