Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JPac troubleshooting  (Read 1094 times)

jkimrey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2021, 08:58:41 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JPac troubleshooting
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:10:10 pm »
Finally getting around to rewiring my arcade with a J-PAC .

Right now the only thing hooked up to the JAMMA harness is the JPac and one button I'm using for a test, as well as two grounds going to the power supply.

When turning on the test light blinks quickly for a second and then turns solid green.

When I try notepad, however, there is nothing happening when pressing the button (I've tried player 1 and 2).

I've tried on two computers - on one I get "invalid USB device" showing in device manager. As soon as I uninstall the device it comes back.

On the other computer that doesn't seem to be happening but still no response.

I'm going to try to find a ps/2 keyboard so I can run in test mode but wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions.

I also wanted to make sure that it's ok to test with only one thing hooked up to the harness (button) - I did make sure the ground I was using for the button was the first in the chain.

TIA.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: JPac troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 07:17:25 am »

Best to drop me an email about this. It sounds like an old board if it has PS/2 connectors.

The easiest way to test is to use a piece of wire connected to GND and touch to various of the white screw terminals.

But if you can email I will guide through troubleshooting: andy@ultimarc.com