Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bluetooth stopped working ! (Windows 7/Touch Jams Jukebox)  (Read 1721 times)

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
Bluetooth stopped working ! (Windows 7/Touch Jams Jukebox)
« on: February 17, 2018, 08:51:20 pm »
I'm at a loss here. I also apologize if this was not the best  thread for my post.
I suspect my issue is both hardware and software related.

I have an all in one Gateway PC w/ 23" touchscreen monitor.
I use this to run my jukebox which is Touch Jams.
I just recently upgraded to the newest version.

Previously if I simply turned on the PC the audio would play from the builtin speakers.
But if I were to turn on my Bluetooth receiver (prior  to boot up) the audio would come from the Bluetooth adapter (and as such my 5.1 set up).
This was exactly what I wanted and worked perfectly.

Today however I was trying to have a dance party for the kids and I can't get it to work. It's odd tho, as the Bluetooth adapter is paired, and YouTube for example will come through just fine on the adapter.

However Touchjams wont come thru on the adapter. If I completely disable the PC speakers then the Bluetooth will work for Touch Jams. But it doesn't work like it did before. I'm baffled.

Bob (of Touch Jams) suggested I run in compatibility mode, which I did. But the issue continues. The only thing I've changed since the last successful configuration was the updating of Touch Jams. Not sure if an uninstall of TJams would do the trick.

I did remove the Bluetooth adapter and reinstall, however that did not fix the issue.

varsham

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2018, 04:39:20 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Bluetooth stopped working ! (Windows 7/Touch Jams Jukebox)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:37:06 am »
You said you recently upgraded Touch Jams to new version and since then the problem seem to be occurring so I suggest you to use an older version of the app and see if it's working or not. Let me know :)