Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone near Jacksonville Florida - have bartop arcade that needs TLC.  (Read 1700 times)

Phouglas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2019, 12:01:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sorry if this wasn't the appropriate forum.

I have a bartop arcade i purchased off a friend that needs some TLC to get running optimally. It's running hyperspin. One of the joysticks isn't working great and probably needs replacement and i want to make sure all the software is good. I'm just not adept at the inner workings of the hardware and software things. I live in Jacksonville and curious if anyone is close to there or in Orlando who wouldn't mind being paid for their time to get this thing in better shape.

Phouglas

• Offline Offline
Re: Anyone near Jacksonville Florida - have bartop arcade that needs TLC.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 04:39:40 am »

No one in Jax? Orlando? Anyone know anyone in north Florida that works on these types of machines?

mimic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:58:45 pm »
Why don't you wanna try to fix it yourself? Replacing joystick with the same one shouldn't be too hard, and what's the issue with the software side?

Phouglas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 10:17:08 pm »
Yes i can try to do myself but i also enjoy learning from someone who can help out who is more knoqledable than me. Which is basically none.

mimic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 05:50:03 pm »
Yes i can try to do myself but i also enjoy learning from someone who can help out who is more knoqledable than me. Which is basically none.

I'm in SFL, so a little far from you, but if I were you I would start with posting some photos of the machine and the joystick, I'm pretty sure someone will step in to identify it (the joystick) then we can look at whether the replacement is even needed. And then finally possible disassembly, and replacement.
As to the Hyperspin you could also ask on Hyperspin and HyperLaunch forums for help, they're quite lively and helpful there (if no one steps here).

Phouglas

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 08:50:32 pm »

How far in south Florida? Like Miami? :)