Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PC to CRT TV with CRT Emudriver  (Read 1899 times)

imtrashed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 02:47:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PC to CRT TV with CRT Emudriver
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:45:26 pm »
I plan to begin setting up a new PC to CRT TV via  Radeon card with CRT Emudriver installed.  I plan to run it through a VGA to Component Transcoder so that I can connect the card to the component inputs on the TV.  I'm confident I can get this all working since I was able to set up CRT Emudriver with the same card to an arcade monitor, but that was running through a Jpac.  Should I be concerned about the signal before Windows loads?  It's a fast enough PC and the OS will be on a SSD, so it boots pretty quickly.  Wondering if I have to go the Atom 15 route or if I should be OK.  Any thoughts? 

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: PC to CRT TV with CRT Emudriver
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 08:17:42 pm »
It's not good to stress your monitor that way. Atom15 has worked for me with 4 different cards through ATIwinflash. Search the GroovyMAME subforum for your particular card and find out if people are having problems. And remember that a mobility card or APU might be problematic if it's even possible.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:22:44 pm by buttersoft »