Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List of Regular LCD's that can sync or display 15khz for those Troublesome times  (Read 5097 times)

P.H.U.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2023, 01:25:21 am
  • I own my own arcade machines. Word.
From time to time, I get a build that for whatever reason doesn't cooperate and I am buried behind a black screen because somehow resolution is not set to 640x480 or whatever. Rebooting doesn't help. I find that an old Samsung Synchmaster 204B can display a 15khz image. Although, just barely but it allows me to make the adjustments I need to get the display back to a visible/workable resolution. Helped me out a TON in jams.

Aside from specialized CGA capable LCD's for commerical use or modern arcades, any of you guys find other such LCD's that can display a 15khz CGA image? Might be of use for others if there is a running list. Thanks!

LCD Monitors that can Display 15khz:
Code: [Select]
Samsung SynchMaster 204B - barely/flickers alot
Dell UM22H - lots of flicker
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:12:06 am by P.H.U. »
When you find great deals on Craigslist for CRT based cabs, exuberance :laugh2: can be a bad thing!

Current Status of Cabs:  2-of-11 (and counting) working as desired  :applaud: :applaud:/:banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
I have a 1080p IPS  Dell UM22H that will display 480i, with flicker to boot. I'll double-check that model number and test some 240p as well :) I didn't buy it for this reason, discovered the feature by accident one day, but it really comes in handy when updating and testing my cabs.

EDIT: the model number of mine is a dell u2312hm-t
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:15:01 pm by buttersoft »

P.H.U.

• Offline Offline
Oh, I have these Dells and know they can't display 15khz resolutions at all:  2001FP & 2007FP. I have had to re-install Windows a few times because of these things.

Having a monitor that can, even if just barely, display 15khz and computer resolutions are god-send some times.
When you find great deals on Craigslist for CRT based cabs, exuberance :laugh2: can be a bad thing!

Current Status of Cabs:  2-of-11 (and counting) working as desired  :applaud: :applaud:/:banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

cools

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 02:59:06 pm
  • Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • Arcade Otaku
Most* LCD TVs with a VGA input can display a 15KHz signal. LCD monitors tend to be more hit and miss.

*In my experience.

P.H.U.

• Offline Offline
Most* LCD TVs with a VGA input can display a 15KHz signal. LCD monitors tend to be more hit and miss.

*In my experience.

Interesting.

In my experience, with cab builds, it is pretty cumbersome already to hook a PC up to an arcade monitor. In some cases, it is not feasible at all to remove the arcade monitor to put it on a work bench. I am working on a 33" Dynamo right now for instance. Smaller computer monitors are more suitable for this purpose. But Good call on this.

Dexje

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2018, 06:50:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
do you know about his page?
http://15khz.wikidot.com/printer--friendly/

was looking at the BenQ BL912  which is trisync and 5:4 .. and still available from amazon  :o