Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Warzaid RTC  (Read 10055 times)

jokerz4fun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2022, 06:00:32 pm
  • Im surprised I haven't electrocuted myself yet.
Warzaid RTC
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:49:00 am »
Hello everyone!

I just bought a Warzaid arcade off of ebay. I know it has an RTC error and I was wondering if any of you had any ideas how to correct this issue. I have seen a few people pull the chip out and file away the epoxy top exposing the battery. Once exposed they replaced the battery and didnt have any issues after that. To me that fix sounds way to easy and I would assume there would be some programming involved seeing the ST M48T58Y-70PC1 chip holds system information. Maybe I am wrong and it is that easy.

If there isnt a work around or fix, I plan on using the cabinet for MAME shooting games. So either way I'm happy with it.

jokerz4fun

• Offline Offline
Re: Warzaid RTC
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:21:35 am »
So I found someone who can replace the RTC chip and install the software. Hopefully this fixes the issues and if anyone has the same issue the place I sent it to is Win Big Arcade in MD. Here is their website. http://www.winbigarcade.com/

jokerz4fun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »
Well friends Im in need of some help. I got the board back today booted it up the RTC check past all the ROMs past except the screen pauses on network check and then reboots. I'm not sure what the network check is looking for because there is no internet connection on the board. Not sure if there is a network board for the light guns but I cant find anything on network errors for Konami.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:38:15 am by jokerz4fun »

oidrew85

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2018, 03:46:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:49:39 pm »
Hi, new to this site but saw you had a warzaid and was wondering if you could send me a pic of the jamma wiring? I can’t seem to find one and the copy of the manual I have is pretty ---smurfy---. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

jokerz4fun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:44:04 am »
Did the pictures help? If not let me know I can send you more

badsof

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2020, 05:17:29 pm
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 02:43:42 am »
Hi everybody,
I have the same problem.  :(

I have an Arcade cab Warzaid 4 players (Europe version) AAD:B, my 2 RTC are bad. I have progrmed new RTC with source MAME files but its not WARZAID i found only World Combat (AAD:B) but World Combat is an Asian version not EU. when i boot the cab after Rom "OK", RTC OK, Network checking i have an error message with Hardware error or if i puch test button at the message Network cheking the game boot!

Problem is the bad files from source Mame, i search if its possible to found Warzaid (EU evrsion AAD:B)

Please help  :'(
Arcade Forever

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:06:08 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 04:44:34 am »
i found only World Combat (AAD:B) but World Combat is an Asian version not EU.
The first letter of the three letter code usually describes the region or country.

A for Asia -- World Combat (ver AAD:B) [wcombat.zip]
       or      World Combat (ver AAD:B, alt) [wcombatb.zip]
J for Japan -- World Combat (ver JAA) [wcombatj.zip]
K for Korea -- World Combat (ver KBC:B) [wcombatk.zip]
U for U.S. -- World Combat / Warzaid (ver UCD:B) [wcombatu.zip]

Those are the only five versions mentioned in the current MAME "Viper" driver source code. (lines 3099 - 3103)
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/e13d0d433e70b6f7797f35ba770c4e8e83edf07c/src/mame/drivers/viper.cpp

Doesn't look like there are any European (E for Europe) or Australian (O for Oceania) dumps.   :dunno

If the correct file isn't in wcombatu.zip, wcombat.zip, or wcombatb.zip, you might need to track down and dump the RTC from a boardset that matches yours.

Scott
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:54:49 am by PL1 »

badsof

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2020, 05:17:29 pm
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 05:16:19 pm »
Hi
thank you for the clarification.

It's very complicated because when I put UCD RTC files I have only single game (2 players), no possible to link but work very well and if I put AAD:B RTC files, link possible to use 4 players, but I can play only if I puch test button at the "network check" message.

My Flash card is C22D02 you don't know If there will be a solution other than finding a functional (EU) RTC to copy it?
Arcade Forever