Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JVL RETRO Help - How do you remove the CPU Box ?  (Read 4304 times)

partfind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2018, 10:52:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JVL RETRO Help - How do you remove the CPU Box ?
« on: February 12, 2018, 03:47:22 pm »
JVL RETRO Help - How do you remove the CPU Box ?

Hope someone out there can help ! Need to remove the CPU Box on a JVL Retro model, and getting the wiring connections off is easy, but what else do I have to do in order to remove the box from the unit? Cannot find any service manuals online for the Retro (which is different than the Echo), only a operator manual which does not show how this is done... Any help appreciated, thanks... Dave

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: JVL RETRO Help - How do you remove the CPU Box ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:28 pm »
remove coin/bill acceptor (if installed) you are going to need the room. if coin acceptor, remove the bracket too.

remove metal shielding overtop of power supply (2 nuts on either side) you will need every spare inch.

remove nut on top of computer.

pull away from wall and lift at the same time. it's a ---smurfette--- fit, but it does go.

I suggest you keep track of where the cables are plugged in and how many there are, it's easy to miss one.

partfind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2018, 10:52:17 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 10:52:17 pm »
Thanks, but those instructions are for other models - The JVL RETRO is NOT a wall-mount unit,
it has a rounded, wood-simulated plastic housing that looks like this :

https://cdn3.volusion.com/yvzjq.lcxff/v/vspfiles/photos/JVL-RETRO-3.jpg?1484816329

arcadesrfun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2021, 09:34:14 am
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:33:14 am »
Lilshawn guidance is correct (and exactly what I do)  - when he mentions the wall he is talking about inside the Retro machine - the wall the cpu box is against.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 02:43:27 pm »
yes, the inside wall of the machine, not the wall of your house.  :dizzy:

the box that has the motherboard in it... is attached to the inside of the machine... on the right hand side wall of the machine. you need to undo the nut and pull it away to the left at the same time you lift... but you need to make room to be able to do this by removing the other things i mentioned out of the way.