Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aimtrak sensor bar - substitute a dolphin bar?  (Read 193 times)

JamesRIves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Aimtrak sensor bar - substitute a dolphin bar?
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:47:34 am »
Hi everyone,

My cabinet currently utilizes a Dolphinbar that is mounted above the monitor, and I'm very happy with it. It works great with Wiimotes and other Wii peripherals.  I'm considering adding an Aimtrak gun to the setup, but I'd like to avoid mounting a second sensor bar.  Question: will the Aimtrak work with the Dolphinbar's LED "sensor"?  I believe it should since all of these sensor bars are really nothing more than a series of LED lights.  I realize I would need to "activate" the dolphin bar by turning on one of my wiimotes since the LEDs on the dolphinbar are only active when a Wiimote is active (I believe they used to be active all the time but there was a firmware update at some point).

And yes... I realize that the wiimotes can also be used as a decent light gun substitute, but they can't be calibrated... thus, my interest in the Aimtrak.

Thanks!

Jim

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
    • Ultimarc
Re: Aimtrak sensor bar - substitute a dolphin bar?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 10:22:57 am »
No, this will not work.

If you look at the bars using a digital camera which senses IR light you will see the light pattern on the Aimtrak bar is more complex than the Wii bar and there are functional reasons for this.

JamesRIves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Aimtrak sensor bar - substitute a dolphin bar?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 11:35:02 am »
Thanks.  I appreciate the response. 

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31