Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: in Asteroids, the thrust button is backwards  (Read 1279 times)

bpjacobsen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2018, 09:44:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
in Asteroids, the thrust button is backwards
« on: February 11, 2018, 08:10:28 pm »
So I finally decided to try again to start assigning buttons on my scratch build arcade control panel. In asteroids, everything works except for the thrust button. It is reversed to I have to press it to stop thrusting. Any idea how to fix this? Why this one button be backwards and require pressing to turn off thrust?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: in Asteroids, the thrust button is backwards
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 08:14:04 pm »
is your wires on the correct terminals? buttons have a N.C. (normally closed) and a N.O. (normally open) position. you have to make sure your connected to NO tab otherwise the machine reads the button as pressed down all the time and only opens when you push it down.

bpjacobsen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2018, 09:44:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: in Asteroids, the thrust button is backwards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 08:18:41 pm »
Ah! forgot about that. Sorry, I posted twice in error. didn't see my first post. Was over a year ago since I wired them. I will reverse them and that should do it! thanks for the lightning fast response!