Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Simple question about cocktail tables...  (Read 1517 times)

shaolindrunkard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Simple question about cocktail tables...
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:36:06 pm »
I don't have much experience with cocktail tables. Thing I've been wondering for a while is whats the point of the cocktail tables with controls on both sides? I mean wouldn't the image be upside down for the other player? And if its just there so you could play from the other side, does the machine have a button to flip the image or something so that you can correctly play from the other side?

Thanks

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
Re: Simple question about cocktail tables...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:44:49 pm »
They were for games where player one and player two would take turns, like Pacman. The machine is set to Cocktail mode so it knows to flip the image when player two is up.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 06:50:26 pm »
They were for games where player one and player two would take turns, like Pacman. The machine is set to Cocktail mode so it knows to flip the image when player two is up.

That's interesting is that something you can do in mame? I guess I'm more curious about people who build their own, how they set that up.

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 12:59:45 am »
That's interesting is that something you can do in mame? I guess I'm more curious about people who build their own, how they set that up.
Yes, for Pacman in MAME you'll find the dip switch setting for cabinet mode (upright/cocktail) under Dip Switches in the on-screen menu (tab)

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 08:32:15 am »
Cool good to know, thanks.