Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyMAME 0.190 coin button problem  (Read 1595 times)

Jack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2019, 05:30:55 pm
  • See You Space Cowboy..
GroovyMAME 0.190 coin button problem
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:42:33 pm »
I don't know why the coin button doesn't work with some games.. For example in most games like Puzzle Bobble works fine but in games like Super Pang and Ghosts'n Goblins doesn't work at all..

Also combination keys doesn't work.. i set up my coin key like this (key1 or key2 key3) key1 is a button used only for the coin and it works, key2 and key3 are also used for game buttons but i want to coin up by clicking key2 and key3 at the same time other than using key1, but doesn't work.. how can i do it?

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: GroovyMAME 0.190 coin button problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:39:23 pm »
This sounds like something is going wrong PEBKAC. It's not really possible for this to happen in MAME or GM, so..

Setup a test copy of MAME or GM with nothing else running, run a game and hit "5" which is default for coin 1. Now rebind it and try again, remembering that you have to go through both the default controls and the player 1 controls. You can set "select" and coin 1 to the same key, but nothing else should be bound to that key.

If this fails, download a new, different version of MAME/GM and repeat.

Somewhere along the line, hopefully before you get to rebuilding your whole setup, you'll figure out where the problem is :) Other programs can interfere, and we all make mistakes and have to backtrack.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:04:35 am by buttersoft »

Jack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2019, 05:30:55 pm
  • See You Space Cowboy..
Re: GroovyMAME 0.190 coin button problem
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 03:17:46 am »
Thanks, i found out that was an hardware problem with my buttons :\