Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Monitor issue *Video link* - Electrohome G07-907  (Read 2076 times)

acvieluf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 02:12:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
Monitor issue *Video link* - Electrohome G07-907
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:45:21 pm »
I know the sticky said get the monitor model first, but they're a friend's machines, and i'm waiting to get the info from him.  (19" from a Bump 'n' Jump machine, using the Deco cassette system.)

Here's the issue (with me): I'm a complete newb, and yet would still like to repair (or give it to someone to repair), rather than replace. 

Here's the issue (with the monitor): after about 10 minutes of warm-up time, the tube glowed, and the screen came on.  But the glow would go out and come back on, and with it, the screen itself.  You can hear the monitor humming off and on in the video, as well as the screen effect. 

One last thing: While running a small shop-vac on the same wall outlet, the tube and screen would stay on completely!  It was funny, and kind of baffling.  Is there too much current getting to the tube under normal circumstances, causing the cutting out? And the shop-vac saps some of it, helping it to stay on? 

Any advice welcome. Thank you.

EDIT - my own photo of monitor also added, still waiting on a photo of identifying marker.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:29:44 am by acvieluf »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:08:42 pm
Re: Monitor issue *Video link* - Model number coming soon
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 02:14:25 am »
if you cab is affected by operation of other items using the same power socket then the issue is bad wiring somewhere on the power line- maybe something as simple as a loose connection in the mains plug

behrmr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2021, 09:17:13 am
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 02:56:42 pm »
You can hear that something is arcing somewhere. I couldn't see the neck glow coming and going in the picture.  But if that's the source of the noise check your neck board for cold solder joints.  It could also be arcing inside the neck socket.  There's usually a spark gap in the neck socket and if that's corroded that could cause that. Otherwise find the source of the noise if you can.  Also looks like you have a game board issue too.

acvieluf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 02:12:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,147793.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 03:19:23 pm »
if you cab is affected by operation of other items using the same power socket then the issue is bad wiring somewhere on the power line- maybe something as simple as a loose connection in the mains plug

I'll look into this, thank you!

You can hear that something is arcing somewhere. I couldn't see the neck glow coming and going in the picture.  But if that's the source of the noise check your neck board for cold solder joints.  It could also be arcing inside the neck socket.  There's usually a spark gap in the neck socket and if that's corroded that could cause that. Otherwise find the source of the noise if you can.

You can't see the glow coming and going through the camera, but it was obvious to the naked eye.  Thank you for the input, i will check these things when I get over there, next.

Also looks like you have a game board issue too.

Yes, I just assume that's a problem with the cassette itself.  Or should the PCBs at least bring up the DECO boot screen?