Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dead wells-gardner k7000  (Read 1911 times)

elcheapouno

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2018, 03:03:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Dead wells-gardner k7000
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:42:15 pm »
Thought I would start a new post so this wouldn't get lost in
my other one and may help some people out if it gets fixed.     

I'm troubleshooting a Wells Gardner k7000 chassis and it has no signs of life. When installed I'm not getting any neck glow or any sound of high voltage. The fuse is still intact so I checked the B+ on the big ceramic capacitor and on each pin it's giving 200 Plus on each side. So after that I pulled diode d-10 to disable high voltage shutdown and tried to fire up the monitor again and still nothing. Hope somebody can chime in that's had this situation before thanks

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 11:51:50 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Dead wells-gardner k7000
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:56 pm »
I checked the B+ on the big ceramic capacitor and on each pin it's giving 200 Plus on each side.

*resistor

about the only thing left is the HOT.

elcheapouno

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2018, 03:03:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Dead wells-gardner k7000
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 02:56:40 pm »
Lol, i did mean resistor :dizzy:
Well I forgot to mention that I did check the hot in the first place and it was good, so I did some digging through the power Supply section and found out that capacitor c-56 was bad and the ceramic resistor 103 was open. After that it fired up
Now I got a new problem, vertical collapse. I've been testing things in the vertical circuit and everything looks good, capacitors, transistors and resistors are testing good. So I'm going to replace the vertical Ic and I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks

I checked the B+ on the big ceramic capacitor and on each pin it's giving 200 Plus on each side.

*resistor

about the only thing left is the HOT.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:01:13 pm by elcheapouno »