Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HLSL problems  (Read 2401 times)

Hasslehogg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2018, 06:35:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
HLSL problems
« on: February 06, 2018, 08:59:37 am »
Hi guys I am wondering if you can help me please. I am trying to apply these HLSL or BGFX settings to my mame and its just not working at all.

Direct X 9 is installed correctly, I have checked via the webinstaller
All roms work but no HLSL settings and they are very blocky
I am running my mame folder inside Hyperspin\Emulators\Mame
I am running mameui64.exe and its version 0.181
1st I tried BGFX by creating the mame.ini (also tried creating a mameui64.ini and made no difference), made the changes necessary to ini file and then played a game, pressed P to pause then tilde for the menu options,scrolled through the options but Window 0, Screen 0 Effect:  options didnt appear as an option at all?
I then tried HLSL as heard it was now better than BGFX so downloaded a raster.ini file, edited the mame.ini file to point to d3d and HLSL enable to 1 and i have copied both the mame.ini and the raster.ini into 3 places (root mame folder, mame\ini folder and finally mame\ini\presets folder and it makes no difference.

this is driving me crazy, has anyone got any ideas where i am going wrong please?

thanks in advance

Robbbert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 04:46:09 am
Re: HLSL problems
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 06:44:23 pm »
MAMEUI 0.181 is very old and unsupported. It's got quite a few bugs, and back then raster.ini was ignored.

Get the latest version (currently 0.194).

These comments below apply to current...

MAMEUI has no controls for HLSL apart from the standard ones by pressing tilde key. If that's an issue try another frontend.

You are expected to have mame.ini in the emulator root, and a copy in the ini folder. When you make adjustments at the global level, they are written to the copy.

MAMEUI ignores ini\presets; if you want those to work, copy the ones you need into the ini folder.

Raster.ini etc must also be in the ini folder.

Can't help you with Hyperspin... never used it.

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 09:10:04 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: HLSL problems
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 02:42:48 am »
I think you need to go into RocketlauncherUI > Mame> Edit Global Module Settings > Mame Tab > ini path  [set the path to your hlsl setting]

that worked for me