Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mapping Escape on Retropie/Raspberry for Mame & consoles?  (Read 2638 times)

kaptainsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 01:30:53 pm
    • Swamp-Ass
Mapping Escape on Retropie/Raspberry for Mame & consoles?
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:11:47 pm »
Hello,

I'm having a bit of a hard time mapping the quit assignment to my mame and consoles in my retropie/emustation/raspberry set up on my pi.

I am using a 2 zero delay encoders with usb between the raspberry pi and the joysticks and buttons.
It seems that whatever I do to assign an escape or quit, for instance in Mame, doesn't stick or work?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Kaptainsteve

1500points

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 01:44:12 pm
    • How to succeed at Robotron
Re: Mapping Escape on Retropie/Raspberry for Mame & consoles?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 04:17:41 pm »
So you went into the mame ui with tab.  And went to that general section,  found the ui cancel entry which was set to esc.  Then added a new mapping for the encoder keys you wanted, along with esc for the keyboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Mapping Escape on Retropie/Raspberry for Mame & consoles?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:40:14 pm »
WHen setting Escape - you have to change it a couple times in the mame tab menu -- since it is escape by default the first time you press escape it clears the setting and also escapes since that was the set key for exiting - Now go back to the setting and press enter again and it will be cleared - press to change the key assignment again and press the key/button you want to also use in addition to escape - stay on that line and hit enter again to set the second key and press the escape button on keyboard - now the key is set to both escape or whatever key you also set. ( you can now either press the newly set key or escape key to exit out of the menu and it will be set to use either of those 2 keypresses