Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dreamcast Rom folder  (Read 1791 times)

acidblue0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2020, 11:50:52 pm
Dreamcast Rom folder
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:51:13 pm »
I need to unzip the Dreamcast set I have. Problem is when I unzip I have the image file with a couple of files that are named "track 1 track 2" etc. So I can't unzip them all in 1 folder but it needs to be. How can I get all these in 1 folder so hyperspin will work right?

acidblue0

• Offline Offline
Re: Dreamcast Rom folder
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:05:18 pm »
Can I just leave them zipped?

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:06:13 pm »
Why do all the games need to be unzipped into the same folder? Does Hyperspin insist on this? I find that hard to believe, but if so, then this should work for you: Unzip one game zip file. Rename the .bin and .raw files so that the names include some game-specific identifier, but make sure to note what their original names were. Open the .gdi file in a text editor and replace the instances of the original file names with the new file names. Save the .gdi file and the game should still work by running the gdi file, and now you can keep adding multiple Dreamcast games to this same folder by following these steps for each game.

I'm pretty sure no Dreamcast emulator supports keeping your game files zipped.
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

acidblue0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:38:21 am »
Your idea should work. Yes you can leave them zipped. It just takes long to open. I will test you idea this weekend