Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Prelaunch file problems  (Read 7673 times)

pj.maybe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2018, 07:06:43 am
  • Somewhat hopeless
Prelaunch file problems
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:51:34 am »
Hi there,

I have set a batch file to run before I boot a MAME game.  (It essentially checks my controls are setup properly).

The problem I have is:

- the game starts booting (i.e:  mamep.exe is run) BEFORE the batch file has finished running.

- the batch file seems to "take the foreground".  So when it has finished running, I have a black screen - and need to ALT-TAB into the game/mame.

Can anyone help me with either of these problems?

Is there a better solution out there?

Don

:cry:
--------------------------------------------

It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety. ~ Isaac Asimov

ZoOl007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2020, 12:03:38 pm
    • RGBcommander
Re: Prelaunch file problems
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:25:12 pm »
why don't ypu pass the rom name to the bat file and launch mame from the bat in the end?
You can use cmdow to hide the bat completely although you're better of using vbscript. That at least looks a bit like programming language.

pj.maybe

• Offline Offline
  • Somewhat hopeless
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 04:55:23 pm »
why don't ypu pass the rom name to the bat file and launch mame from the bat in the end?
You can use cmdow to hide the bat completely although you're better of using vbscript. That at least looks a bit like programming language.
Hi there.

This is a bit similar to what I do with my Taito Type X games, I run them from a BAT, and run my stuff first.

However, running MAME, it is pointing to a ROM folder with 6000 or so .ZIP files.   Surely I wouldn't create 6000 new BAT files with my script at the start?   I can do it with a c# script, but it seems a bit extreme!

Maybe I could create a EXE/BAT file, and use this as a new emulator?

So wrap around mamep.exe?   Put my stuff at the start, before it is run?

(Again, seems a little extreme - I just wish I could use the 'Pre-Launch' functionality of Maximus properly.  I don't know why it is working like it is....)

It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety. ~ Isaac Asimov

pj.maybe

• Offline Offline
  • Somewhat hopeless
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 04:55:57 pm »
Also:
Am I posting this in the wrong Maximus forum?   Should it be in the main one?