Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Led Blinky and Control Board Help  (Read 1511 times)

Propdept

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2022, 05:26:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Led Blinky and Control Board Help
« on: January 27, 2018, 06:44:19 pm »
First of all let me apologize if I am posting this question in the wrong subsection

Let me first explain what I want to do.....

I am building an arcade game cabinet and I would like to use LED Blinky for accent lighting,
 None of the buttons on my control panel will light up. LED Blinky does have one function I do want for MAME and that is, it announces the name of the game. This is something that I will incorporate into my cabinet.

In my game cabinet I have a jukebox program and I want to use LED Blinky for accent lighting using RGB tape light as seen below in my picture

PICTURE ONE

In the next picture is how I want the RGBLED tape lights to be located

PICTURE TWO

I think the setting “color intensity spectrum” will work perfectly for my cabinet. As the music is playing, the LED’s will create a “light organ effect”. The length of each LED rope light will be approximately 12 to 18inches long.

Now this is where I need your help, advice, and recommendations based on your wisdom!

1)       What Led Board would you recommend based on my needs? I know that Ulitmarc Selsl two controllers The PAC LED 64 & the PAC Drive  I am worried about the voltage needed to make three 18 to 24 inch RCG LED tape lights  work.  :badmood:

2 Will my idea work?  :banghead:

3 if so what must I buy to make it work?

I am  NOT very versed on electronics.  I understand voltages/watts/ adapter polarity but please understand my electronic electrical knowledge is limited. :dizzy:

An y and all help and suggestions  would be appreciated...
THANK YOU!!!!!!! :notworthy: