Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame via Hyperspin flickers on my CRT TV, outside of Hyperspin is does not  (Read 2069 times)

Mad A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2018, 03:38:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
 I'm not sure if this should go here or in the monitor/Video section, but here goes.

I have an HP PC with a Radeon 4350 graphics card running on crt_emudriver. This goes into a retrotek VGA to Component transcoder and from there into the component input of a Samsung CRT TV. Everything works great, I've got GroovyMame as well as regular Mame on my Hyperspin133 (with Rocketlauncher) wheel as I prefer older games with the correct resolution on GM, while some others look better a bit more washed out without the obvious scan lines on regular MAME.

Now, when I launch a game from MAME directly, lets say Street Fighter Alpha 2, everything looks great. If I launch the same game via MAME but from within Hypersin, I get shakiness and heavy flickering on certain screens in the game. Any idea why?

Things I've tried:
Attempts to replicate flickering outside of Hyperpin: I've messed around with the mame.ini settings and I can replicate the flickering I get via hyperspin when I changed the video mode to ddraw. When I leave it set to auto or d3d, it works well without the flickering. Can Hyperspin somehow be overriding what I specify in the mame.ini? I opened up teh module file and nothing there seems to be doing so. I set the video mode to d3d int eh mame.ini file and read the rocketlauncher log and I found references to d3d there, so I'm not sure why it still flickers.

Any ideas?