Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Logitech G27 - constant menu scrolling in some PC games?  (Read 5919 times)

stuzza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 01:16:34 am
  • I'm a llama!
    • ScreenshotArchive
Logitech G27 - constant menu scrolling in some PC games?
« on: January 20, 2018, 06:22:20 pm »
Hi Guys,

I've just started playing around with setting up some Logitech G27 wheels to try out Daytona USA, Sega Rally and some pc based racing games.  My goal is to build a twin driver one day but I thought I'd see how they all play first.  Model 2 stuff is great and working well, however I'm having issues getting the G27 to work in a couple of pc games.  they are Revolt GL and Outrun 2006 coast to coast. 

Both Revolt and outrun work fine with a keyboard and mouse, however as soon as I select the G27 under controllers and try to assign any button, axis etc.. the menu starts auto scrolling and so is unusable.  Revolt GL actually becomes un responsive to any keyboard command after I select the G27 as controller.  Outrun still has keyboard control but continually scrolls. 

I've tried setting the pedals in the logitech profiler to either show as combined or not combined but it doesn't make any difference?  Anyone have any idea on setting these two up with a logitech G27??  Thanks.

Specs:  Core i5, 4GB RAM, Geforce 750, Windows 7 Pro 64b.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Logitech G27 - constant menu scrolling in some PC games?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 06:55:36 pm »
That's just a problem you'll run into with any wheel.  Just hold down the gas or brake just enough to get things centered and you'll be alright.

stuzza

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
    • ScreenshotArchive
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 06:59:34 pm »
That's just a problem you'll run into with any wheel.  Just hold down the gas or brake just enough to get things centered and you'll be alright.

Ok, thanks I'll try holding gas or break and try again and see what happens.  And should these games be combined pedals in the profiler or separate??

I just noticed that you have a mod for outrun coast to coast to so will try updating outrun with that too!

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 07:03:32 pm »
just hit del when its auto scrolling in controls till you delete the menu up/down button

that will sort it for Outrun 2006

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 07:25:45 pm »
With the G25/27/29, it's the clutch pedal on most games.

If you can manage to hold it down halfway while in the menus they will stop scrolling and you can map the other stuff.  It's a shame Logitech doesn't give you any control over the clutch pedal in profiler.

In theory you could install a switch and 5k resistor on the clutch wiring to make it register as centered when needed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:05:48 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 07:31:21 pm »
On the combined/separate thing: most older pc games require them to be set to combined.  A lot of them were designed with a joysticks in mind, with steering on the x axis and gas/brake on the y axis.

Mame and most emulators will work with it set either way, with the exception of Model 2 emulator.  It requires them to be set to separate.
(Use profiler to automatically change it based on what emulator is launched)

stuzza

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
    • ScreenshotArchive
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 12:19:32 am »
With the G25/27/29, it's the clutch pedal on most games.

If you can manage to hold it down halfway while in the menus they will stop scrolling and you can map the other stuff.  It's a shame Logitech doesn't give you any control over the clutch pedal in profiler.

In theory you could install a switch and 5k resistor on the clutch wiring to make it register as centered when needed.

Thanks, yeah it was the stupid clutch causing the problem.  I depressed half way and it stopped scrolling so I could then map the controls.  How annoying!

Seems a driving setup is just as annoying to configure as a virtual pinball machine.  Having to individually tweak every game.  But man does Daytona USA work well with a G27!!  I'm loving it and even my wife will have a go 2 player and she won't go near any of my arcade machines or virtual pin!! ;)

Have been playing some old NFS: Most Wanted too.  Pretty good game for an oldy.